“Decent”

Add it.
Godfrey Takeaway
Ranked #96 of 178 Restaurants in Bridgend
Reviewed September 8, 2017 via mobile

Has improved. Tasty food and good service. Crispy beef, sweet and sour both very good. Except they gave us gravy instead of BBQ sauce

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank spindey0405

Reviewed May 4, 2017 via mobile

Been going here for years. In fact ever since it opened. For years it has been excellent and well above the average. For at least two years it's been going downhill. I reviewed a while back indicating my sense of their decline but I persevered.
The decline has continued and last evening I've decided to draw a line under my custom with them.
Their chips were awful, chicken and lemon used to be beautiful grilled chicken ready with a light batter coating and a beautiful tangy lemon sauce. Now it's a soggy mess of chicken balls in thick batter wth a sweet sugary sauce with just a hint of lemon. Absolutely awful.
The chicken foo Yung was only just passable but the beautiful creamy egg of the past is gone and replaced with a dish tats definitely bereft of eggs. The chicken was also lacking taste.
The curry sauce has changed. My son in law thought it was ok but it is a long way short of what it used to be.

Sorry Godfrey I'll not be back.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed February 24, 2017 via mobile

These are not on the menu but I order them every time I eat there, they are moreish. This is the best Chinese in the town centre/Brackla area.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed January 9, 2017 via mobile

Food is so nice
It's a shame it does not offer delivery service.
I would definitely suggest anyone going there.
It's best 2 ring in order rather than waiting.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed October 8, 2016 via mobile

Godfreys Chinese in Brackla Bridgend is a Regular local chinese meal for our family .

Usual meal is something like this :
Beef Chow mein , Egg Fried Rice , Sweet and Sour Chicken balls , Chips , Curry Sauce , Prawn Crackers ( not free from Godfreys Chinese unlike Golden bowl in town ) .
Delivery service is not available at Godfreys !

We have mixed reviews in the family whether Godfreys Chinese or Golden Bowl is more enjoyable as we like bits of both .
But it is always an enjoyable meal and normally cooked in about 15-20 minutes.

Date of visit: October 2016