“Outstanding ”
Review of Dolly's Tearoom

Dolly's Tearoom
Ranked #1 of 5 Dessert in Bridgend
Reviewed April 20, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I had been wanting to visit following several rave reviews and positive recommendations. Our experience at Dolly's Tearoom certainly didn't disappoint! Staff were welcoming and friendly, the tearoom was clean and cosy and the menu of cakes and savoury snacks is definitely worth a look. We really enjoyed the tea for two with Victoria sponge and caramel cake and will definitely be returning. If you are looking for a reasonably priced traditional tearoom experience then you need to give Dolly's a try!

1  Thank BobQuinto

Reviewed April 19, 2017

WOW so much food we took half home. I can highly recommend the afternoon tea. Lovely selection of sandwiches, beautiful homemade scones, huge slices of homemade cakes and as much tea as we could drink. This was my first visit but hopefully not my last!

Reviewed April 18, 2017 via mobile

Afternoon tea, absolutely shocking. 44 quid for a slab of dry cake, dry scone and sandwiches with a distinct lack of filling. Will not return. Ruined my dearest grandmothers birthday. Should have gone to Greggs instead and we would have been 30 quid better off and enjoyed ourselves in the garden eating our yum yums and pasties!

7  Thank Liam B
Reviewed April 18, 2017 via mobile

I was recently here for a family birthday 'afternoon tea', there was 4 of us in total.. but when the 3 tiered platter arrived there was only one... between 4!! the waitress even said 'I've managed to squeeze it all on one platter' probably because she missed out the cupcakes which I had had my previous visit, and had been shown online. We didn't think much of it as we thought they had run out of cupcakes, but long behold on our exit there were cupcakes there in the display fridge. Why didn't we have any? Just a humongous un appetising piece of cake each (2 flavours to choose from) and thick basic sandwich filler sandwiches which really is untrue to the traditional afternoon tea with small delicate finger sandwiches, and cakes.
I would also like to bring up that I was actually considering not writing this (even though this is what this site is for) because of a recent post I seen on your page of you ripping into a customer over there opinions of their experience. If your smart and able enough to open your own establishement, then you should be smart enough to take customer complaints and opinions on the chin, and learn from them, Therefore improving your service. Not tarnishing your own name by putting down customers who have had a bad experience. Very unprofessional and will not be returning.
(pic shown is from online of afternoon tea for 2, and what we were given for 4!)

8  Thank Pheibe
Reviewed April 17, 2017

I've only visited twice, the first time a year ago for my mum's birthday and it was lovely then, with a selection of cakes and proper crisps.

But I went there a couple of weeks ago for my mum's birthday, hoping for the same sort of thing as we had last year, but we were all disappointed, especially my mum!

The staff were friendly enough and the decor inside is nice, but the food and cakes were not so great.

Instead of getting that wow factor with the sandwiches and cakes being brought up on the cake stands (like last year), the waitress came up with a plate of sandwiches (made with wafer thin ham and chicken) and then a plate of all the same sponge cake which was a bit of a disappointment as we'd previously had all different cakes. The pieces of cake were really big, which wouldn't have been a problem if they'd had more than the little bit of jam and buttercream in the middle I didn't actually have any of the cake, but my mum and sister in law found it very dry and left most of it because they thought it was just too plain and dry. The cupcakes were ok, but again all the same variety, and the scone came with a pot of cream and jam, which again was ok. But instead of getting normal crisps, we had about 2 pringles each, which we weren't impressed with!

I don't like tea or coffee so had to have squash as hot chocolate wasn't an option, unless I wanted to pay extra. My mum liked her pot of tea though and my sister in law said the coffee was ok.

I probably wouldn't go again as found it very average and not very good value for money. My mum said she could put on a better afternoon tea herself and bake nicer cakes!

Shame really as it was so lovely a year ago.

4  Thank MissToblerone