“Poor”
Review of Curado Bar

Curado Bar
Ranked #197 of 1,384 Restaurants in Cardiff
Reviewed June 7, 2018

We went for a meal and overall it was just poor. The bar snacks tapas was nice, but anything off the main was bland or covered in paprika. Pig cheeks.... no flavour.... Octopus.... covered in Parika..... pork...... chewy. We gave feedback on the three main dishes and we were told"ow ok.... can you pay downstairs please"

It was £120 for three of us!! I wouldn't go back and I wouldn't recommend. Bar 44 is far nicer and better value for money.

Reviewed June 2, 2018

Ate here today for my sons fortieth and we were suitably impressed ... we had great food great wine/Sherry and beautiful service....everything was great (best chorizo I ever had). Not cheap by any means but overall worth the money.... the whole experience was great but in particular the service was so friendly and efficient. Great!

Reviewed April 22, 2018

I very rarely walk out of a restaurant without leaving a tip, but on this occasion I did. I visit Curado at least once a month if not more, and usually have a good time, as I love tapas and the gin menu. This was a reasonably quiet Saturday lunchtime, there were only about two people sitting at the bar and not all tables were full. There appeared to be at least 5 bar / waiting / front of house staff on. The food was as good as usual. But the waitress who I think was allocated to our part of the bar area had a complete blind spot. Eventually after sitting for about 10 minutes I went to the bar to ask them to clean the plates from the table and to order drinks. She did eventually turn up and cleaned the plates and glasses that the previous diners had left. She then left it a while before returning to take our order. There were two of us and we ordered about 3 dishes and 3 pinxos. My friend ordered gazpacho and she also ordered some bread and alioli to go with the gazpacho. The bread finally arrived after prompting about 20 minutes after she had finished the gazpacho. I noticed two men arrive just after we had ordered so I know they ordered after us. I ordered one of the bar specials - padron peppers. A plate of padron peppers arrived for the two men quite promptly. Mine were the last dish bought to the table but only after we had had to remind the waitress twice. She muttered something about a printer not working but no explanation how this impacted on our order, nor why the same dish ordered by other diners arrived at their table but not ours. With two tapas bars about five minutes walk apart, I will probably go to Bar 44 next time we are looking for Tapas in that area. Which is a shame as I have previously enjoyed our visits there. On this occasion however the man who I think is the manager was not in the restaurant and maybe that made the difference

2  Thank Wales_Solo_traveller
Reviewed April 16, 2018

Sought out this restaurant as we am a great fan of their sister business in Narberth.

Was not disappointed great welcome and service. Good selection of tapas, would have loved to try them all. The ones we tried were some of the best tapas we have tasted, fresh and tasty. Good value for money.

Reviewed April 15, 2018 via mobile

Some of the best tapas I’ve had- and I’ve had a lot! Incredible chorizo, shark, calamari etc etc! Great servers and a super atmosphere. Would definitely recommend this restaurant.