All reviews wedding venue evening buffet wedding breakfast wedding fayre bridal suite breakfast room dai caterer guests cornflakes disco
Reviewed November 6, 2017 via mobile

Attended a wedding on 5th November and a great experience all round. The event organisation was seamless and all staff were tentative and friendly.

All food served throughout the day was good, but the roast beef dinner was particularly excellent.

The venue was very spacious and the fact it's hired out for the wedding party makes for a very comfortable and private event. I didn't stay overnight but all guests were delighted with their rooms after check-in.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2017

Attended a wedding party here last weekend... What a fantastic location and much improved since my last visit a few years ago. the Lake side accommodation looked great and those staying confirmed it. Suitable for more than just a wedding venue. I like the place, and the prices at the bar were more than reasonable

1  Thank foghorn172017
Reviewed August 14, 2017 via mobile

This is the most ideal place for a beautiful wedding venue
Beautiful surroundings, beautiful lake to look out on in the morning and see the trout jumping out of the water.
The wedding was absolutely beautiful! The rooms pristinely cleaned (couldn't ask for more)
The continental breakfast rather sparse we ended up going to the Premier Inn just down the road (£10 for all you can eat)
My biggest disappointment of Canada Lodge and Lake is that there was no Decaffeinated tea or coffee in the rooms or served at the wedding party - we did ask staff who informed us that they are constantly being asked for them but still do not serve or have any - I was unable to have a hot drink until we reached the premier inn the next day.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2017

I booked Canada Lodge and Lake one month in advance of my graduation evening. I was looking forward to enjoying relaxing at what looked like to be a beautiful venue after two years hard work at University but what an absolute shambles this turned out to be.
We arrived after 2 hours travelling excited to check in at approx 17.00 hours, we had arranged to meet friends at a resturant to celebrate on the eve of my graduation day but upon check in we were told that they had no record of my booking! The manager also stated all the other rooms were fully booked and that there was nothing they could do!
Cold play were playing in Cardiff so as you can imagine hotels were fully booked everywhere. I explained that I had booked one month prior, I had the confirmation from Booking.com which stated that it was all confirmed but this made no difference to the situation! Our relaxing celebratory evening just turned into a complete nightmare!
The manager called the owner who, when he arrived, looked like he did not care at our situation and showed no remorse and could not even apologise for our predicament.
We were eventually offered the team building accomadadtion next door as an alternative and upon looking at the pictures on the website it looked lovely however, when we were showed around by the owner it was a different story altogether!
The showers looked like they had not been cleaned in months, the beds were all bunk beds, there was mens clothing in the television room on the floor, im no snob by any means but this place was disgusting! The owner saw my face and stated .... "It's not the end of the world"!!!!!
He then left and we had to decide what to do, I could not bring myself to stay here so we went back to the reception and asked the manager to try to find us other accommodation !
In fairness to her she did try her best and did nothing but apologise however, this was not good enough for what was supposed to be a celebratory evening!
While we were waiting we talked to other guests who now all knew about what had happened. One guy who was booked in for the previous night told us the same thing had happened to him Canada Lodge blamed booking.com and he had to sleep in the team building venue, Another guest was there to complain that his room had not been cleaned from the morning, to us it seemed like an absolute shambles of a place and the staff had no idea what was going on.
They blamed computer systems, booking.com anybody other than themselves!
At 21.00pm we eventually found a place to stay for an extra £100, so our dinner reservation with friends had to be cancelled and our relaxing evening was the night from hell ! Upon return I phoned Booking.com to complain, they dealt with Canada Lodge who eventually paid the £100 difference for the extra accomadation but refused point blank to compensate for the up heavel they caused by their complete incompetence! Something as a gesture would have been nice, especially as they knew what a special occasion it was!
The place looks lovely on the website, but do not be fooled like we were, the owner does not care about his guests and from the stories that we heard from the other guests at this hotel they were not happy with the treatment that they recieved either!
My advice please ensure if you dare to book you double check that they have actually booked you in before you travel ! I had thought a confirmation email would be enough but obviousily not!!!!!

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Sarah T
Reviewed August 8, 2017

Beautiful wedding venue with stunning views of the lake. Stayed overnight at one of the subterranean apartments and so glad we did. Absolutely fantastic. Clean, modern, seconds from the main venue and every apartment has a balcony, overlooking the lake. Lush!

Date of stay: August 2017