3 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 21-06-26
Expedia.comUS$83
Orbitz.comUS$83
Lol.travelUS$91
All reviews welsh theme the marco pierre white restaurant shopping arcade welsh touches rooftop bar rainfall shower quirky hotel top floor amazing shower little touches fantastic hotel full welsh breakfast queen street high street comfortable bed superior room city centre
Selected filters
Reviewed May 3, 2021

Everything you could want from a central city hotel and more - ridiculously good price, a great breakfast, quirky decor and the shower of dreams. We had a great nights stay, so shocked by how true to pictures it was. Thank you so much for having us!

Date of stay: May 2021
3  Thank Olivia B
Jennifer Day, Owner at Hotel Indigo Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2021

Thanks for the AWESOME review! Really pleased to hear you had a lovely time.

We look forward to seeing you again soon :-)

Reviewed May 2, 2021 via mobile

The hotel Indigo is located in Dominions Arcade in the centre of the city along Queen Street. The hotel entrance and lobby was stunning with quirky décor featuring elements associated with Cardiff and the surrounding area.

I arrived at the hotel early but it wasn’t an issue checking-in and I was welcomed as a Spire Ambassador member. I was asked to fill in a breakfast form and the breakfast items would be collected from the adjoining Bute & Co Coffee Shop at the time I requested. I was upgraded to a quiet room on the third floor but it wasn’t until enquiring the following day that I found out it was a superior room that I had been upgraded to, and was much appreciated.

I was immediately impressed with the room I had been allocated, it was on the quieter side of the building and it was an ‘Industry’ themed room, one of the three themed styles in the hotel. There were some quirky features and it was stylishly created and it is something the Indigo does extremely well.

I particularly liked the café style table and chairs which was definitely a welcome addition in the room. A coffee machine was provided as well as an ample amount of tea/coffee supplies along with a couple of stroopwafels. The free stocked mini-bar was a welcome surprise. The bathroom was also nicely decorated and had a powerful rain shower with wall mounted shower gel and shampoo dispensers provided.

Breakfast was absolutely fine especially as many hotels have had sharply reduced offerings available during the pandemic. I cannot praise the hotel enough, the staff members I came into contact with were friendly and approachable. I loved the ambiance of the place and it was incredibly central. I hopefully will be able to visit again in the near future.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
73  Thank paullegate

Thank-you so much for the lovely review! Really pleased you love our hotel as much as we do!

Hopefully we'll see you again soon!

Reviewed January 1, 2021

Lovely room. Overall very clean but had open packet of dips in the fridge which should have been picked up due to COVID but didn't complain as everything else was spotless. Great central location too. Nice touch by having local drinks in fridge.
Would not recommend the breakfast if you are vegan/veggie. Was served small portion of beans, 1 sausage, half a tomato and a mushroom. Poor ingredients looked lost on the plate. If served on saucer would have looked like a breakfast! I'm not into huge portions but this was so minimalistic and basic it was terrible. Also bland.

4  Thank nick427

Thanks for the lovely review! Please accept my apology regarding breakfast, hopefully now with the world returning to some sort of normality we can get these issues resolved.

Hopefully we'll see you again soon!

Reviewed December 3, 2020

Hotel not to bad, hubby had a great sleep. Told the hotel it was a special occasion but not even recognised until mentioned. I would not pay for the marco pierre meal on the evening or breakfast as it was truly dreadful. Omg who is the chef. Whole time spoilt by this awful food. And the room was freezing I had to phone twice for them to put the heating on and then watching TV wSas impossible as there was a big black mark down the screen. Thanks indigo for the worst birthday treat ever

2  Thank Leannehayley
Jennifer Day, Owner at Hotel Indigo Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2020

Good evening Leannehayley,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback on your recent stay here at Hotel Indigo Cardiff.

We always try to make our guests feel extra special during their time with us and I apologise that on this occasion you feel your stay did not live up to expectations. I'm sorry to hear that you encountered some issues in your room - these concerns have been passed on to our maintenance team to correct and ensure that standards are met for future.

In regards to the restaurant, please accept my apologies for your experience. Your feedback will be sent directly to the restaurant manager to deal with accordingly.

Again, please accept my sincere apologies and if we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us directly at reception@incardiff.com or call us on 02920102710

Many thanks,
Reception team

Reviewed November 28, 2020 via mobile

Stayed mid week as a treat for my birthday despite the current Covid pandemic we felt entirely safe & at ease in this lovely boutique hotel in the centre of Cardiff

We had a superior Queen room possibly number 426. Everything in the room was spotless, I cannot fault it. The bathroom, especially the shower, was the one of the best I’ve ever used. All the toiletries were of the highest standard no need to bring your own shampoo shower gel etc. Bed was high and so comfortable.

The added extras like the coffee machine in room was a bonus.

It’s a quirky place full of Welsh character.

Reception lady was lovely, I simply cannot fault the place.

I cannot comment on breakfast we opted not to have it

Will return

1  Thank CERIA_11
Jennifer Day, Owner at Hotel Indigo Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2020

Shwmae!

WOW!!

Thank you for such a fab review, we are thrilled you had an awesome time with us.

We all agree here too that the showers are THE best :)

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Kindest Regards,