Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Official Site
US$56
SAVE US$9
Reserve now, pay at stay
Expedia.comUS$65
eDreamsUS$65
CheapTicketsUS$65
1,859 results
All reviews the motor point arena would stay again cooked breakfast central cardiff excellent value for money motorpoint iron
Selected filters
Reviewed November 23, 2020 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel last Saturday while packing up my belongins I left a bottle of expensive aftershave in the room. After contacting the hotel the next day when I realised the receptionist promised to call me back to inform me if this has been found she didn't! So I called the hotel after a few hours and didn't have a helpful response apparently the aftershave was not there so obviously been taken by the cleaners! She denied this on the telephone and said I need to report it to the police which I wasn't prepared to do in a middle of a pandemic they have more things to worry about I just wanted my aftershave back.. Laura the receptionist was not helpful and didn't offer me any resolution to this! Poor service and won't be staying in this hotel again!! Cleaners are thieves

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank W2570UXgarethd
Tom Williams, General Manager at Citrus Hotel Cardiff City Centre by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2020

Dear W2570UXgarethd,

Thank you for your review and I am sorry that you found us to be so unhelpful but I do not believe it is fair of you to accuse my staff of being thieves when there is no evidence of this.

From a hotel point of view all we have been able to confirm is that the housekeeper did in fact clean your room and that during your stay no other room keys other than the ones issues to you were used to entre the room. Since we have no proof that the item you lost was even in the room in the first place we cannot accept any liability for it and since you reported it as missing the day after you checked out you really did leave us with very few options.

As you have affectively accused the housekeeper of committing a crime it would become a criminal matter, hence the reason Laura suggested that you would need to report it to the Police . I don't really understand how you can suggest that this was Laura being unhelpful as I am not really sure what else you expected her to do. We certainly would not look to replace the item since as I mentioned earlier we have no proof that it was in the room to begin with. I appreciate that you believe that you left the item in the room and on that basis I understand how you have come to the conclusion you have but unless we can confirm that the item was in the room after you checked out there really is nothing we can do as a company.

The housekeeper that cleaned your room has worked for the hotel for serval years and has never been accused of theft and we have had absolutely no issues or concerns regarding her work. She has found the fact that you have publicly accused her of theft deeply upsetting and as mentioned early I consider it to completely unfair.

I am sorry that you feel that you do not want to stay at the hotel again but if I am honest based on your recent actions I am not sure that I would feel comfortable welcoming you back.

Kind regards

Reviewed November 12, 2020 via mobile

A clean comfortable room with great views, lovely friendly welcome, couldnt ask for more at a great price, was a little optimistic as its a 3 star, but well worth the stay, would definately return when visiting Cardiff again

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Tom Williams, General Manager at Citrus Hotel Cardiff City Centre by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2020

Dear Ruth Y,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Citrus Hotel on your recent visit to Cardiff and for taking the time to share your experiences with us. We are delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay.

At the Citrus Cardiff, we strive to provide superior levels of service to our guests and our team will be glad to know we made your time with us so memorable!

Reviewed September 20, 2020 via mobile

The hotel was clean and inviting in the lobby. It was made clear what covid rules they had in place. After parking the car, perfect that they have private parking, however very tight and awkward spaces. The room was pretty basic (all amenities removed due to covid) but clean and tidy. We paid for a king bed and city views, which we got. The bed was very comfortable with nice pillows and duvet. Few minor touch ups throughout the room would give it 5 stars (bubbling paint in bathroom, cracked shower tray, wall scuffs). Only negative I have is that the curtains don't fit the window when closed. It leaves about a 2ft gap at one end when closed, which is not ideal in the morning when the light is let in. The hotel is a 2 minute walk to the shops/bars which is great. Would stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Tom Williams, General Manager at Citrus Hotel Cardiff City Centre by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2020

Dear Qtshiv

Reviewed September 17, 2020 via mobile

Great price, location, room and COVID safe! Breakfast was takeaway due to restrictions and way more than we expected. Staff all very friendly and helpful. Room and all public areas that we saw were very clean. We would certainly stay again!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Fi0na63

Reviewed September 16, 2020

The hotel is nice and very well-located. We were very happy with the quality/price. The staff were very nice and friendly at all times and the covid measures were good too. It is just 5min away from the bars and restaurants, around a 15min walk to the castle and 25min to Cardiff Bay. The only downside that I can think of was that there were no toiletries in the room and just one toilet roll so we had to go get them in reception. The rest was great and I will definitely come back next time in Cardiff if they still have these prices!

Room tip: Good price and location

Dear lulalucy23,