US$91
Marriott Hotels
US$156
US$116
  • Pool
Future Inn Cardiff Bay(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$150
The Royal Hotel(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$74
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$102
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$77
HolidayInn.com
  • Room Service
Clayton Hotel Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$120
US$139
US$117
Sandringham Hotel(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$80
  • Breakfast included
4,225 results
All reviewsmaster suitecardiff bayoverlooking the bayspa facilitieson arrivalmermaid quaythe hotel car parkpay and displayfloor to ceiling windowsrobes and slippersafternoon teabirthday treatrelaxation rooman upgradewelsh cakesbars and restaurantsreception area
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I especially chose this hotel for my Icelandic guests. Functions on both Friday and Saturday led to much noise and sleepless nights. It appears to be a nightclub masquerading as a hotel. Their attitude to the complaint on check-out was patronising, dismissive and insulting. Shameful and unforgivable.

Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Gar1952
MJones2011, General Manager at The St. David's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Customer Service is something myself and the team strongly pride ourselves on here at St David's. In addition, a Guest Relations Manager is on shift 7 days a week to address any issues you may have therefore I apologise for your disappointment but strongly refute your allegation of malpractice and intentional poor customer service. In the meantime, thank you for your feedback. The opinion and comments from you, our guests are of vital importance to us and I assure you that St David’s has an ongoing commitment to supporting our guest’s needs. It is only through your valuable feedback and comments that we can improve our services and operations in the future.

Kind regards.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have stayed at the St Davids before but only under previous owners so thought i was booking a 5star experience.I was disappointed but it was only minor things and it would not stop me returning again soon.
The check -in was very poor ,the girl hardly looked at me during the whole process and kept chatting to a person across the way which made me feel very invisible.The car park was very busy that weekend so i had to walk from another with a heavy suit case on a windy day,i would have liked a porter to help with the case but it was not offered ,little touches like this create a good start to a stay even if you decline the offer! The same happened again on checkout the receptionist talked to spa person next to her and i was invisible again and treated like a robot with no personal conversation towards me,i find this so annoying and rude.

The bedroom was very good and had been re-furbished recently,so no complaints there, the views across the Bay were stunning the next morning .All the other staff i met were great and chatty in the bar and restaurant at breakfast.

I feel the stay was 4-star and not 5-star but worth a stay if you can find a see an offer!
The location is wonderful for a weekend exploring The City and
Cardiff Bay Area.Plenty of restaurants and bars close by .

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
MJones2011, General Manager at The St. David's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Thank you for your recent comments regarding your stay. Firstly I am glad you enjoyed your overall stay. I was, however disappointed to hear your issues upon arrival and departure and I can assure you I will be personally be looking into and implementing any corrective action necessary. I am delighted that our other colleagues were welcoming to you within the bar and restaurant. Once again I thank you for your comments and look forward to seeing you back at St David’s in the near future.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

recently had the 'afternoon tea experience' at the st davids hotel and it was absolutely lovely, although expensive at £18.95 each, the service we had was fantastic by the restaurant supervisor, carolina. The atmosphere in the bar/restaurant was perfect and a really nice visit.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Totheball

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your afternoon tea and that our Restaurant Supervisor looked after you so well. I hope to welcome you back at the St David's Hotel and Spa in the near future.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed at the hotel on the 14th and 15th of September. (we stayed in room 707) I booked this hotel for our Wedding anniversary. Unfortunately this hotel did not live up to its reputation. The room was shabby with dirty carpets and curtains. Rubbish was found in the wardrobe. The room was in need of a coat of paint and the furniture looked old and unkempt.
The Balcony was uninviting as it was dirty. Check in was quick and the staff were efficient but somewhat unfriendly. We ventured into the bar one evening, but with only two people there it lacked atmosphere. On the plus side the view was stunning as the sun came up in the morning and the beds were so comfortable we slept all night undisturbed.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rebecca R

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay and I am glad that you enjoyed a good night's sleep during your stay. I was disappointed to hear that certain elements did not meet your expectations and I offer my apologies for the shortcomings in terms of your room condition. I can advise that a comprehensive refurbishment of our bedrooms is currently being planned out and we hope you choose to return on a future occasion. Once again I thank you for your comments and look forward to seeing you back at St David’s in the near future.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We chose this hotel for location and it's 5 stars. Most rooms have a view over Cardiff bay unfortunately the first room we were given had a view of a metal rail behind which was a staircase going to " who knows where". The room itself was lovely and seemed recently refurbished. The bathroom was excellent and the room temperature was easily adjusted.
At 3am we were woken by very loud banging. As we were both in a deep sleep we could not decide wether the knocking had been on the door or the window. Either way I did not get much more sleep that night.
We requested a move due to the unnerving banging and the lack of view. The staff were very understanding and we were moved to a room with a nice view of the bay, but had not yet been refurbished. The shower was not as efficient, the carpet was wafer thin, the furniture had seen better days and the room was cold.
Service in the restaurant was dire, so slow. We waited 45 mins after ordering before our lunch arrived.
The beds in both rooms were very comfortable.
The staff were very friendly and attentive at reception and housekeeping.
The Spa was lovely. The pool and jacuzzi area was excellent..
Overall not quite 5 star but deffinately 5 star prices.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. Firstly I am glad you enjoyed your overall stay in particular the beds in our rooms, our friendly staff and the Spa facilities. I was, however disappointed to hear your other issues involving the room move at 3am and the service in the Restaurant which I can assure you will be looked into and any corrective action will be taken. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.