Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Marriott Hotels
eDreamsUS$168
Orbitz.comUS$167
TravelocityUS$167
1,801 results
All reviews car park the executive lounge two double beds restaurants and bars stayed here for one night sauna concert rugby
Selected filters
Reviewed August 26, 2020

Clean and peaceful stay, very enjoyable nice staff close to amenities. Clean and quiet had A great sleep. Staff very attentive. Lifts were a little slow. Overall great stay will hope to return here soon.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed July 15, 2020 via mobile

Didn’t disappoint, any issues dealt with in a professional and courteous manner. Food, drinks and environment was welcoming and service was always excellent. The serve Glamorgan Brewery lager too, which is definitely worth a try!

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank mikey_lewis
Reviewed March 7, 2020

Am sorry to give such a low rating as Location and the staffs were definitely 5 stars. However the building on the outside is consistent with the inside, very dated... after the 1st housecleaning, 2 of our towels were abit wet and we werent sure if its due to them reusing the ones we had or its just not dry.
We turned on the tele on day 2 to realise theres no connection and when we tried to call the reception or the guest services, both were repeatedly not available for abt 15min. Had to go down to the reception to inform them and again the staffs were nice. Eventually they had to reset the system... kinda weird for me. But phone not working is quite bad.
Not sure if its a Welsh thing... but they did not provide water throughout our stay. The rest of the hotels we stayed in UK mostly had and this is Marriott.
Will i come back again? Most likely not... of cse i do hope they will be better after their intensive renovation which they obviously needed one.
(The radisson blu across the road looks more value for money too).

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jialong
Guest Relations C, Manager at Cardiff Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2020

Dear Jialong,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I would like to thank you for your feedback, this has been shared with our hotel team. Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and I apologise for not meeting your expectations on this occasion. We are currently going through a refurbishment which will update the property.

Once again, thank you for your kind words with regards to our staff and we do hope to welcome you back to Cardiff in the future.

Kind Regards,
Caroline Nelson
Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed March 6, 2020

This hotel is a very convenient & clean hotel. Every time i stay at a Marriott hotel, they never disappoint!

The rooms was big & very clean. I had a choice of two double beds. The bathroom is big too. Had all the amenities you can get in a hotel. They have a huge choice of breakfast & a bar & restaurant.

The staff were very accommodating, i asked if we could check-in earlier & they were fine with that with a a group of 15 people.

This hotel is in the centre of everything, so a great location.

Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank sariej848
Reviewed March 3, 2020 via mobile

Is this really a Marriott? If you have ever stayed in a Marriott before you certainly won't recognise it, we'll you will recognise the price point but the rooms. Maybe they are trying to create a themed hotel, sort of 60's meets shabby run down 2 star? In fairness they are renovating, in unfairness they are still charging full price despite entrance closed so a temporary wooden ramp then a walk though the back passages past the paint pots and carpets splattered with paint to the lobby. If you get as far as the lobby without turning and running you are luled in to a false sence of security. Yes you have arrived at the Marriott, but no it starts going down hill again only one elevator call button works but no signage to this fact. They must have though that you will work it out after waiting long enough. In fact I think only 2 elevators are in service. Onwards; inside the elevators things are picking up, a little, quite smart except for the 1970's floor list, ok maybe I'm being a bit harsh, no! Any thoughts of remorce are gone when the elevator doors open to reveal a dull, shabby smelly hallway. Dark and dingy, shabby room doors, it just feels dirty and old. So to the rooms, very poor indeed, worn out, broken, dangerous.
The decor is well and truly past its sell by date, the rooms also have a damp old smell to them. The bathroom is no better, with a cheap nasty vanety / sink unit made out or finest plastic, tiles around the bath that are calling to go back to the 70's some of which are cracked. The shower faucet does not work well, leaking water to the bath fill while in shower mode, nasty plastic shower curtain, the heated towel rail is not (broken maybe?). One power socket in the room is loose on the wall and the TV plug is so tight the power cable is being stretched dangerously (fire risk) the desk power sockets are so low and close to the desk you can't plug a plug in without moving the desk back a few inches. The roof tiles are badly fitting broken and dirty.
The room was cold when I arrived at about 16:30 so I turned the heating to full, an hour later the room was colder than when I arrived. I had noticed a little (and i really mean little 18" high) oil heater in the wardrobe (which incidentally has had its doors removed), so I plugged that in, another hour passes still cold, so I leave it on and go out for dinner, back to the hotel and the room is icy. I try to sleep but it's so cold I have to get dressed again and even resort to putting my coat on in bed. I think at this point I suddenly wonder to myself what the heck I'm doing paying £116 for a broken smelly freezing cold room. I call reception and explain I'm cold, somebody comes to check. I'm amused that they need to check how cold the room is it's 4°c outside and feels colder inside. The solution to bring me a very noisy fan heater no way I can sleep with that noise, but it does take the edge of the freezing room. Enough I venture downstairs to speak to a manger (remembering the broken elevator I press the only working call button) they are apologetic and friendly they acknowledge they hotel is shabby and cannot understand why the central reservation team are still charging Marriott prices. What more can they do or say?
So to sum up please avoid this hotel, even if they were charging £12 a night with breakfast included it would be over priced and they currently charge over £16 for breakfast. You can get a run down bed and breakfast for far less than Marriott Cardiff you will have a better stay.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Guest Relations C, Manager at Cardiff Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2020

Dear NathanWallbridge,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and I sincerely apologise for falling sort of meeting your expectations.

As you have mentioned we are currently going through a full hotel refurbishment which will improve on the '70's look' as you have described.

We do hope to welcome you back to experience the hotel again post refurbishment.

Kind Regards,