2 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$84
Trip.comUS$84
ZenHotels.comUS$87
2,685 results
All reviews groupon deal cardiff castle opposite the castle three course meal lovely hotel third floor millennium stadium city centre tea and coffee a lovely stay one night stay car parking excellent value for money cooked breakfast principality concert
Selected filters
Reviewed March 29, 2021

I've stayed at the Angel so many times [for work] that over the years I must have slept in 70% of the rooms. Its very charming architecturally, with a friendly group of staff who always have time for you. The city centre is ten minutes walk away.
I'm sorry to have to mention one negative though - the mattresses. They're seriously in need of replacement! Quite hard to get a full night's sleep as a result.
But I will still go back there.

Room tip: Courtyard rooms are quieter
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Angel Management, Guest Services / Front Office at The Angel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2021

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We look forward welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.

Reviewed March 29, 2021

Pleasant looking-hotel in a nice location. Receptionist was friendly, efficient and helpful. Only member of staff we saw. Nearly missed the car park entrance and poorly signed. (Didn't want to be caught on 1 way system) The car park is rough and the chain across part of the car park doesn't seem to have a purpose except as a hazard to your vehicle. Room was 'tired' and attempts to bring it up to date were a little sad-looking with rough over-painting, dingy net curtains and the room phone and other bits and pieces were very dirty. Premier Inns clean absolutely everything. Bath was old and scratched, toilet seat loose and there was no fan in the bathroom, however, the shower had very good pressure and hot. 2 USB socket at the small desk. Not really up for serious business stay. Wi-fi limited. £54 per night and £13 parking is a bit steep. The car park should be much cheaper and we couldn't see a CCTV camera in it anywhere, so felt it lacked security. We may stay again if needed but all the budget, more modern hotels were closed during this period. It was slightly disappointing. Didn't mind it being dated, but didn't like the dirty appliances.

Room tip: Rooms on the Castle Street side have a pleasant enough view for a city
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Q1478LSbs

Thank you for your review. Our car park is monitored by ParkingEye cameras and we also have 3 CCTV cameras on the car park. We are aware, due to the history of the hotel the bedrooms do vary. We continually carrying out works and decoration and a major renovation project is in the planning stage to commence as soon as practically possible. We hope we can welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.

Reviewed March 22, 2021 via mobile

After looking at the pictures on hotels.com we decided to book this for one night as we were attending a family bereavement on arrival we were greeted by very friendly staff was given our room key on entry to the room were shocked at how very out dated it was and dirty nothing like the pictures there was stains in the toilet and carpets and hair in the bath were were moved to another room that was the same bigger but very out dated with the windows dirty cracked paint falling off bed uncomfortable shower from the 1980s light switches were yellow dust on everything this could be a beautiful hotel but unfortunately just been let to go to ruins even the outside is looking dated Good points - great location but unfortunately have a holiday inn across the road that is well looked after and maintained Bad points- Was like walking back in time to 1980s from furniture to appliances very dirty just not a nice experience couldn't wait for the morning just to leave

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Goldie0503
Angel Management, Guest Services / Front Office at The Angel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2021

Many thanks for your review, I am glad you found our staff friendly and helpful. This is something we pride ourselves on and the team appreciate your feedback. We are aware, due to the history of the hotel the bedrooms do vary. We continually carrying out works and decoration and a major renovation project is in the planning stage to commence as soon as
practically possible. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again.

Reviewed March 11, 2021 via mobile

Due to roadworks, my one hour journey took three. I was very disappointed to see the room as it was old and worn. The room I was given was not depictive of the rooms in the photos. As it was late and I was tired, I didn't complain or ask to move. I paid £54 plus £13 to park the car but I feel that £50 max per night would be more suitable. The reception staff were excellent however due to the poor state of the room, I would not stay again. The bed was lumpy also but the room was clean. Hotel is central.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Angel Management, Guest Services / Front Office at The Angel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2021

Many thanks for your review from your recent stay with us. We always take feedback very seriously and appreciate your comments. We hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Kind regards

FOH Manager

Reviewed March 5, 2021

I damaged my car entering the car park due to a chain across the car park entrance. There was no warning of the barrier anywhere around. The reaction I got from the hotel Manager was along the lines of "tough s**t". No regret, apology or anything. Although the Hotel Manager could clearly do with some training on guest relationships, the rest of the staff were very friendly. The visit was ruined though by my experience in the car park.

Date of stay: April 2020
Angel Management, Guest Services / Front Office at The Angel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2021

Thanks you for your review and feedback. I'm sorry you had issues in our car park. The chain is permanently across the coach parking space but the entrance, which is pictured to the right, is always open and clear as it is a busy car park. I apologise if you found our staff unhelpful in regards to this.
We hope we can welcome you back the Angel in the future.

Kind Regards