US$145
US$91
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$102
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$77
HolidayInn.com
  • Room Service
Clayton Hotel Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$110
US$182
US$161
  • Restaurant
Future Inn Cardiff Bay(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$120
Orbitz.com
US$139
US$74
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
1,405 results
All reviewscaptain scott roomcentral locationcomplimentary bottle of winedeluxe roomtrain stationst mary streetcar parklovely hotelair conhigh streetexcellent locationwould stay againmillennium stadiumstreet noisehotel barcooked breakfasttea and coffee making facilities
Reviewed October 26, 2017

This hotel is right in the heart of Cardiff. It made it easy for us to walk to the castle, catch a bus and find somewhere close for meals. I would not call this Hotel classy but it meets the travelers needs and supplies an OK breakfast. Cardiff is party central so choose your room carefully as the noise of a Friday and Saturday night goes until around 4-5 am.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from street noise
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nalpick
Reviewed October 26, 2017

My friend and I stayed in this hotel for one night when attending a concert at The Motorpoint Arena.
Location is brilliant as the hotel is right in the heart of the city.
The staff are very friendly and helpful.
Breakfast was great and plenty of waiting staff on hand to assist if necessary.
Bar facilities are great.
On returning to the hotel at about 11pm, the front door was locked and it took a long time to be let in.
Was disappointed with room. At first sight we thought the room to be very nice. However, it soon became apparent that the cleaning of the room was not very thorough. There was dust on the floor in the bathroom behind the door (which was very noticeable when you use the toilet) and also in other places. The plug chain was broken. But the worst thing was that, when I unplugged my phone charger from behind the bedside cabinet, I came across a pair of men's boxer shorts!!!!
The tea and coffee making facilities were bizarrely in the walk-in wardrobe! As there was no lighting in the wardrobe, it was quite difficult to see what you're doing! There were no biscuits with the tea/coffee.
The safe is also situated in the wardrobe, but didn't seem to work. We did not mention this to reception, we just decided to do without it. The shower was not easy to adjust.
We could not find any controls for the air conditioning (which was quite noisy) ... but I guess we could have asked in reception about this.
The beds, however, were comfortable and we slept well.
Although I have mentioned a few negative points, I would stay at this hotel again, but I would not class it as a 4* star, I would class it as 3*

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank babbsies2016
Reviewed October 19, 2017

Friendly and helpful staff. Lovely clean rooms, linen fresh and bed very comfortable. Quiet room. Bar nicely decorated. Really enjoyed our stay at The Royal again. We had toiletries in our room, which were really nice. We will always use this hotel when visiting Cardiff, a delightful hotel.

Room Tip: We have stayed in different rooms and all have been good.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ron B
Reviewed October 14, 2017

An easy and short walk from the Cardiff Railway Station. Check in service, located on the second floor, was efficient and friendly. There is an elevator. The room, located on the fifth floor (facing the city mall) was spacious, clean and warm. The hotel bar tender was friendly and helpful. However it was an extremely restless night's sleep due to the Cardiff's natives performing their late night rituals after quenching their thirsts (which went on for most of the night).

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2017

I enjoyed my stay and the breakfast is good but i wouldn't get the extras or the packages on their website again, if you're going to stay just stick to the room price just regret paying for all of the stuff I didn't receive.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple