“Beautiful pub, great staff and the best food I have eaten out.”

Fox and Hounds Whitchurch
Ranked #413 of 1,384 Restaurants in Cardiff
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: SA Brains Pub selling good selection of Food and drink just in the village of Whitchurch just of the A470.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What a gem of a place, you are made to feel welcome as soon as you go in, not rushed to order and you are instantly struck by how gorgeous and clean it is. We went for my birthday meal and I will definitely go again. The starters were absolutely delicious, piping hot and we were all served at the same time. The main courses again beautifully cooked, my salad was fresh and crisp, steak tender and cooked to perfection. Everyone in the party (ten in total) were very happy and said they will be visiting again. The prices were also very reasonable and you get value for your money. The ones that had desert said they were delectable. Again unlike some places you were not pushed to leave once you had eaten. Compliments to the staff and landlord, you made it a very happy birthday meal..

FoxH42, General Manager at Fox and Hounds Whitchurch, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Rachel,

Thanks for the lovely review so glad the evening went so well for you, I will pass your lovely comments onto the team and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Mike and team.

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

First time to the fox and hounds and had a a great meal. 16 of us including Jon from gbbo! He did a cake for my daughter and staff didn’t mind us eating it. The food was good and staff were great! Good value and portions too! Thanks all

1  Thank Richard J

Thanks for the lovely review, look forward to seeing you again.

Mike and team.

Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

Came to the fox for a few pints with my friends, the pub was quiet but there was a lovely atmosphere. Beth served us at the bar and was friendly and helpful. We all left happy.

Fox H, General Manager at Fox and Hounds Whitchurch, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

Hi Alex,
Thank you for the lovely review great to hear that you enjoyed the lovely atmosphere of the place and Beth provide you with friendly and helpful service, I will pass on you comments to the team and especially Beth, look forward to seeing you again soon.

Mike and Team

Reviewed August 28, 2018

Not a bad meal for the price. Service was reasonably quick and the staff were pleasant. We have been to The Fox and Hounds several times before but on this occasion, it was rather noisy (to be fair, it was a Saturday night and rather busy).

I chose a vegetarian curry which was very nice. The fruit crumble I had for pudding was tasty but a bit solid in texture rather like a Chrismas pudding and the crumble topping a bit raw.

My wife had a vegetable lasagne which she enjoyed and her pannacotta pudding was very nice.

No complaints from my daughters and son-in-law for their curry, fish and chips and massive burger.

We enjoyed the evening but will avoid Saturdays in the future.

Fox H, General Manager at Fox and Hounds Whitchurch, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2018

Hi BrianWP73,

Thanks for the review so glad you enjoyed your evening and thanks for the comments I will discuss them with the team to help improve the quality of the crumble and we look forward to seeing you again not on a Saturday.

Thanks

Mike and Team.

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Met friends for drinks prior to going to a local Indian restaurant
Clean and tidy interior
Busy but only one bar staff working so had to wait some time to get served!

Hi Geraldo,

Thanks for the review sorry about the wait its always hard to try and get the balance wright with levels of staff and take your review on board and take appropriate action.

Thanks