Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Expedia.comUS$95
eDreamsUS$96
Prestigia.comUS$106
2,654 results
All reviews swimming pool car park the sofa bed steam room leisure facilities minute walk per day good size standard room lovely hotel reception staff coffee machine great facilities cardiff centre would stay again reception area breakfast was excellent
Selected filters
Reviewed September 12, 2020

Friendly staff, very clean hotel and taking CV19 seriously (if not a bit too far - see below) good location near city centre 10 minute walk but a few niggles.

1. Due to CV19 if you get a drink in the bar or food you get it served in a plastic glass/cardboard box. I am all for making things safe however this makes no sense at all when every bar & restaurant in Cardiff is serving drink/food glasses & dishes. Went to the bar the first night and didn't go again after that.

2. Air con in the hotel room did not work - room was extremely hot at night & it wasn't even on a hot day so goodness knows what it was like mid summer!

3.Swimming pool/gym. Had to book in slots due to CV19, again fine with this. However first slot was 12.00 which is quite late in the day for a lot of people who like to go in the morning. We were heading out for lunch so the later slots meant we had to miss out on using the facilities.

4. When window was open extremely noisy as opens onto a busy road, not hotels fault but ask for a room not next to the road.

If I could give a 3.5 I would but I feel doesn't warrant a 4 rating.

Room tip: Get a room that is away from the noisy road
Date of stay: September 2020
Douglas Goncalves, Other at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to our hotel. I’m pleased that you found the staff at the hotel to be friendly & that you are happy with the processes we have in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19. The safety of our guests has always been at the forefront for Accor UK.
We have noted your comments about the plastic drinks cups which has since changed & the air-con which we are looking into. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
The pool times have also been extended recently. We hope to see you in the not too distant future.
Suzanne Staples.

Reviewed September 11, 2020

Stayed here for a few nights earlier this month with family (3 rooms on different floors). The hotel was generally as expected, it's an average hotel nothing glamorous. The service provided during our stay was well above average though - really friendly staff.

Key points for others to note;

Parking is charged as an extra on arrival, at £13 per 24 hours. I'm told this is good given other rates in the area.

If you want breakfast, get it added at the point of booking. It's also an extra at £12 per person per night - but can work out at £2/3 per person per night if added when booked.

Spa facilities are currently closed due to Covid and the pool must be booked in advance for 1 hour time slots only, and for limited numbers (5 people I think).

Room tip: Rooms on level 3 seemed to be hotter than other floors
Date of stay: September 2020

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy that the staff were helpful & friendly.
We are pleased to advise the pool has now re-opened to residents and members only.
We hope to see you in the not too distant future.
Warmest regards
Suzanne Staples

Reviewed September 4, 2020

My daughter and I always stay at this hotel during half term and have a spa day and back to school shopping day. This time however we were disappointed, the check in was great, covid procedures are clear and well explained. In the room we only had one Bath towel, which my daughter used, and I had to dry off with a hand towel. Didn’t see the point in contacting reception as it was already to late. The beds were comfy and the rooms were clean. One of the main things that spoiled it though was that the housekeeper woke us up 3 times by knocking our door to clean our room, check out isn’t until 12 and I felt like they wanted us gone by 9. Having to wake up 3 times to answer the door to say the same thing is frustrating. If this was our first stay we wouldn’t rebook, however our past few stays have been lovely.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to our hotel. I’m delighted to hear that you always choose Novotel when planning a Spa day & back to school shopping day with your daughter.
I am sorry to hear however that on this occasion we fell below our usual standards. For that I am truly sorry!
We do hope to see you during the next half-term in October, please do let us know if you plan a trip (hopefully Cardiff lock-down will be over....). We hope to better serve you in the future.
Suzanne Staples

Reviewed August 30, 2020 via mobile

We’ve just returned from a 2 night stay in The Novotel, on arrival the first thing we saw was an overflowing bin with rubbish so initially were disappointed.
The man that checked us in was friendly and check in was fast.
The room was basic, for the cost and for a 4* hotel I’d have expected something nicer but the room was exceptionally clean and the bathroom was a great size and the bed was comfy.
Parking for 2 nights was £26.
Swimming pool was open 12-8pm and although we didn’t use the pool the facilities looked good.
The staff make this hotel and the changes they’ve made to meet COVID regulations are impressive

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank AnnetteMurphy1
Douglas Goncalves, Other at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. My apologies that your fist impression wasn't a good one but pleased to hear that it didn't impact on the remainder of your stay and that check-in was pleasant and fast.
Your comments regarding staff & the implementation of COVID regulations being a positive one will certainly be filtered through to all the team. Safety of our guests & staff has always been at the forefront for Accor UK during these very difficult times.
Hopefully we'll see you in the future & you'll get to use the swimming pool too! We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Suzanne Staples.

Reviewed August 24, 2020 via mobile

Had a great stay here on Saturday night! We had a Queen superior room! It wasn’t what we were expecting but was a comfortable bed and was a spacious room. The room was extremely warm and the fan didn’t make a difference! This was our biggest criticism of the stay! You have to book a slot in the pool, my advice would be to be there for 2pm(check in) as when there are families at the hotel the 15 spaces fill up! It’s not to far from the city centre so ideal for walking into and out of Cardiff! Would stay again!

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about room being very hot
which we have been addressing. Kind regards, Suzanne Staples.