Creepy Cardiff Ghost Tour
Review Highlights
Ghost tour brilliant

Wanted something a bit different to do for my daughters 19th birthday so booked Creepy Cardiff... read more

Reviewed April 23, 2016
fox-perry
Exeter, United Kingdom
via mobile
Ghost Tour Cardiff

Reviewed October 2, 2012
Pete O
Cardiff, United Kingdom

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed November 2, 2014

We booked this tour for Halloween as was quite cheap. Have done the Llandaf tour before and unfortunately this one wasn't as good.

The tour left at the Museum and only stayed in the Cathays Parc area, which isn't particularly atmospheric or creepy.

The host gave the distinct impression that he wanted to get it over and done with. He didn't talk to any of the individuals on the tour, just told the story and then led us to the next place by walking quickly ahead of everyone. As soon as the tour was over, he thanked everyone then got in his car and off he went.

Each story was fine, and had some interesting local historical elements to it, but they weren't particularly creepy.

Several of the people on the tour didn't bother sticking around to the end.

If you want a scare, go on the Llandaf tour or head north to Llancaiach Fawr instead.

Date of experience: October 2014
1  Thank anoutsider
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I am a local born and brought up in the city.I have a passion for where I live and the history of a great nation. I thought a ghost tour mmmm thats going to be different.So I booked and was very pleasantly suprised and the kids thought it was great.The delivery was nice and gentle so youngsters could appreciate the stories and the delivery was done I believe with the guides tongue firmly planted in his cheek. The tour also took in some of the history of Cardiff as well.£5.00 at the time a good deal well done.Go and experiance it.

Date of experience: November 2011
2  Thank Pete O
Reviewed September 20, 2012

The great thing about this tour is that the guide has the skill and experience to ensure there's something in it for everyone - especially those with kids over 5. If you want to be spooked then he'll draw you into stories about characters said to still haunt the landmarks and byways of the area. If you want to lift the lid on the truth behind these legends then he has the 'well I never knew that' facts at his fingertips. On top of this he does it all with a charm and wit that had the battlements of Cardiff Castle echoing with our group's laughter. He even threw in some Scooby Doo impressions. It's an excellent-value tour and one that compares very favourably with any I've been on in London, York or Edinburgh.

Date of experience: September 2012
3  Thank John T
Reviewed December 9, 2011

It's more like a history tour than a ghost tour, and some of the stories don't have anything to do with Cardiff.

We were told at the beginning that some stories were real and some were fake, and we could make up our own minds as to which were which. But after some stories he said "don't believe a word of it, there's no proof".

You spend most of the tour running to keep up with the guide as he rushes from building to building. He pointed out statues on buildings and told us who they were, and even showed us a building that was in an episode of Doctor Who - nothing scary about that.

The last story he told us was that they used to hang people in the Cardiff Market building, but instead of taking us there he took us to Cardiff Crown Court which seemed rather pointless.

There is absolutely nothing scary about this tour, and we were all feeling incredibly disapointed that we'd wasted £5 each. Would not recommend this.

Date of experience: December 2011