Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
Trip.com
FindHotel
StayForLong
1,226 results
All reviews train station room was clean early check a lot of noise perfect location motorpoint arena bars and restaurants one night stay wetherspoons concert hairdryer
Selected filters
Reviewed September 3, 2020 via mobile

Went to book in around 3 and there were nearly 20 people waiting to book in all in a small area so left and came back later. Went to hotel room and the soap dispenser looked like it was full but nothing came out of it despite several attempts. Posters asking you to wash hands as you should, so I went down to reception. As was staying for work I explained I wouldn't be back till later and was promised they would sort it asap.

So returned at 1 am and Still no soap. Went back to reception and asked if they could just give me a bottle of soap which they did. Went to get lift and use the sanitiser before entering but this was also empty. So again told reception. When came down the next morning it was still empty and same again the following day

Considering how busy the city was and that we are in a pandemic better procedures really need to be in place.

Light fitting in room covered in dust and 2 of them not working at all, towels old and discoloured and I didn't feel confident that touch points etc were cleaned between stays if they don't even check soap works!! . I didn't feel safe staying here and tried not too touch anything unless necessary.

The staff were nice enough but need to follow up on what they promised and ensure the health and safety of guests are looked after.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank V5030EMlaurab
Reviewed August 31, 2020

We needed a hotel that was close to Cardiff Central station, as we were going on a steam train excursion that left very early in the morning and was due to return just before midnight. This hotel was a 2 minute walk away and was perfect for this. There are plenty of eating places nearby, so having no restaurant facilities was not a problem. The room was very comfortable and we had been advised when checking in that our room would not be serviced dueing our two night stay (due to concerns re Covid 19)but that if we needed everything we only had to ask at reception, which is manned 24 hours a day.

Date of stay: August 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed August 24, 2020

Fantastic place to stay, location is superb, very clean and well maintained one of the best budget hotels I have stayed in, staff are friendly and polite, will definitely stay here again, no parking but if you pre-book on NCP you can save £'s definitely one of the best in the group

Room tip: Book early and ask for a back room
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed August 23, 2020

The room was clean and tidy, the bed was comfy and the sheets were fresh. Room was equipped with tea, coffee and a TV so we could have some down time, and everything worked as it should’ve. It was right in the centre within walking distance of where we had dinner and they were brilliant when considering covid-19 so I really enjoyed my stay here.

Date of stay: August 2020
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed August 20, 2020

I have just spent five nights with my friend here. About 2 minutes walk from the railway station and handy for buses too.

Hotel lovely and clean and staff very friendly and helpful.

As thing stand with covid at present, things are slightly different. No room service but you leave towels and rubbish outside your door and collect towels, toilet rolls, tea, coffee, milk and sugar from reception.

You are asked to wear masks in reception, in the lift and along the corridoors.

It does get noisy some nights, from the nearby pubs and clubs. So if you prefer quiet, then ask for an inside room.

Room tip: Rooms facing St Marys Street noisy some nights.