“Our final visit to Dr Who. ”

Doctor Who Experience Cardiff Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Starting in the Gallifrey Museum, take part in an interactive adventure with the Twelfth Doctor before stepping behind the scenes of your adventure into the largest collection of props, costumes and sets from this iconic show. A must for Doctor Who fans of all ages.
Reviewed May 31, 2018 via mobile

Upon learning of the impending closure of the exhibition, we simply had to make a farewell pilgrimage.
The exhibition in Wales'capital City had been a must visit site. It has loads of carefully selected exhibits to entrance Whovians of all ages and to introduce the new commers to the wonderful world of the Doctor.
We will miss this exhibition greatly and remember it with considerable fondness.

Date of experience: June 2017
in 684 reviews
"props"
in 884 reviews

Reviewed May 21, 2018

Protip: Secure your time slot by booking online

According to my wife, who is a long standing big fan of Dr Who, it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience. It was a positive experience for me too, even though I don’t follow the programme at all.

It is a popular venue, and we had to spend one and a half hours wandering about Cardiff Bay before we were allowed in.

Date of experience: August 2017
1  Thank roobix
Reviewed May 12, 2018 via mobile

Lots of signs to it and even a stop on the hop on hop off bus tour. It’s closed. Don’t know why but apparently it’s a permanent closure!!!

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed May 5, 2018 via mobile

Being in the area of Cardiff I was entertaining the thought of revisiting the Doctor Who Experience. After arriving at the port I noticed the building seemed to be enveloped in a stasis field. When I asked about it I was told the Experience had closed. Rumor has it that it may reopen in London and that in its place there at the port a new hotel was being considered for the land. If true, what a shame as the building from a distance gives the impression of a whale waiting for high tide.

Date of experience: April 2018
3  Thank Larteguy
See more reviews
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Been a big fan for a very long time. Was dying to get to see the place however never had the chance. My partner brought me here as it was about to close. Very good however, merch was limited and could have done a lot more due to it closing. The tour and tour guide was excellent. Disappointed it is gone. Good day out overall. Upset I couldn’t by the ticket and merch package.

Date of experience: September 2017