Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$58
TripadvisorUS$54
Lol.travel
eDreamsUS$54
ZenHotels.comUS$58
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 3, 2019

We were in Cardiff for a concert and decided to stop the night so booked into somewhere not too far from the venue. We found the ML Lodge only to find you had to book in somewhere else. We finally got our key and Fob for a £20 deposit. We were room 6 ok not to bad we thought. No lift and 77 stairs later we got to our room. (Cell no 6) window was rattling and no chairs to sit on so it was in and out. Only stay here if your a heavy sleeper as there were still people coming in from a night out at 05:30am. In the morning there was enough brew kit for 2 cups of Tea or Coffee. We showered and left.

Room tip: Only stay the one night and get a low room number it’s 1 to 10.
Date of stay: November 2019
2  Thank Stephen P
Simon6567, Manager at ML Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2019

Thank you very much for your feedback.
I hope you will consider us again in the future if you find the price to be good value.

Reviewed October 16, 2019 via mobile

A nice hotel with clean rooms and a comfortable bed! Was right at the top of the hotel and you can imagine my legs after the Cardiff half marathon when I had to navigate all the stairs!
The second night a shop alarm went off at 4 am and didn’t go off til 9 am! All in a apart from this and the stairs it was good!

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you so much for such great feedback.
I hope we get to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed October 7, 2019

You need places like ML Lodge - smack bang in the city centre but with only the essential amenities to justify a bargain basement price. If you want somewhere as cheap as chips to take you off the street for the night, then consider this place.

I had a huge room all to myself (I booked a single but got a triple). The bed was pretty comfy and the shower was lovely and hot, with great water pressure. Everything was spotlessly clean. Yes, there are some stairs (funnily enough it's a multi-storey building!) but if you're otherwise able-bodied they shouldn't be a problem (if they are, take a long hard look at your fitness levels).

But there are some huge negatives. The furniture is shabby, and there's a certain arrogance about leaving heavily scuffed paintwork and worn-through carpets everywhere. The TV was miniscule and I couldn't find the wifi network to connect to. The windows are single glazed so you will hear everything that goes on outside if your room faces the front. The front door is opened by a fob, but people then didn't bother to close the door behind them, which made me rather nervous. Breakfast is served over the road at the Sandringham. The waiting staff over there were lovely, but the food was pretty mediocre.

All in all, it was bearable, but if I'd been staying with someone and hadn't minded a late-night walk, I'd have chosen the Travelodge or Ibis a little further from the centre - same price but better quality.

Room tip: Room 4 is on the second floor and overlooks the main street
Date of stay: October 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you very much for your feedback.
I hope you may consider returning in the future.

Reviewed September 22, 2019

I was absolutely disgusted when I arrived at this place. Went away to Cardiff for the speedway had no idea where I was staying. As soon as I knew you had to collect keys from somewhere else, I knew this wasn’t a bed and breakfast or hotel. 77 steps to my room with all luggage. Which you literally had to drag up. Cleaner or not sure if we worked watched me struggle and of offered to help. This was very hard and strenuous to do. Carpets ripped as you went up the stairs, paintwork dirty and scuffed. Windows appalling wood some black and rotten. After the dreadful stairs hauling up luggage I was very disappointed, do not stay in room 6, you have no scenery apart from brick walls, when you can get the window to open it’s black and rotten on ledges. The bathroom had a shower their was a box near the floor which adjusted some heating linked to shower, this was held up by a pushed pedal bin underneath it. I was unaware moved the bin and then the shower cut out, pushed it back and the shower worked. Just because the speedway was on the £225 charged for 2 nights, with no breakfast available, this was a total rip off, this was more like a hostel room with the view out of the window which felt I was in a prison cell. You certainly would not want a fire in there and you definitely would not stay here if you have children, older of have any physical lower limb ailments. What should of been a lovely weekend break for the speedway was a total let down and disappointment which was down to the accommodation that I stayed in. Which led to a very unhappy and tense weekend. Would not stay here again ever total dump.

Room tip: Just don’t stay there
Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank Lisa R

I am very sorry to read about your disappointing stay and I shall certainly be looking at the issues raised.

Reviewed September 9, 2019

The steps here are very steep. Was 5 flights of stairs to get to my room. Light switch in bathroom didn't work,window didn't open, water marks on ceiling. Can hear every room around you and above you especially between 12pm - 3am in morning!! . No remote for television. Breakfast is across road at hotel opposite and I never even knew hash browns could be slimy.

Good points. Staff friendly. Good location. Bed comfy

Wouldn't stay again

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Simon6567, Manager at ML Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2019

I am really sorry Vicky that you have not enjoyed your stay with us but I thank you for the feedback.