See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 20, 2015

Ended up staying here as my usual place was booked up during graduation week. Never again!
Very dated, very tired, very dirty. Looks like the entire hotel hasn't been cleaned or decorated for about a decade.
On the plus side staff were helpful and location is good alongside the fields however a bit of a walk into into the city centre.
As suggested won't be staying again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank alexmW1500NM
Reviewed July 17, 2015

I had the misfortune to stay in one of the cottage suites however I agree with previous reviews the staff are friendly. The hotel is dirty and I suspect they do not employ cleaning staff as the bathroom had not been cleaned, including the sink and bath and a dirty towel had been left from the previous occupant. The 'clean' towels were damp and I could not make use of the downstairs facilities due to the heavily stained furniture. The breakfast restaurant is no better, the carpet looked like it had not been cleaned for a while and was held together by tape however the staff are very nice and cannot do enough for you but would not recommend this hotel.

Room tip: Do not stay at this hotel
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 66tink2
Reviewed July 14, 2015

Hotel was in a very good location for city centre and for the cricket (first Ashes test). The welcome was extremely warm and inviting and a very helpful receptionist (explaining everything clearly and showed us how to get to the city centre etc). The hotel itself needs a bit of TLC - looking very dated and tired (but gather there are plans being discussed which would account for this). However very clean and tidy. Excellent cooked breakfast - which set us up for a days cricket! Thank you to all the staff.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2015

I had a suite booked for Tuesday 8th July before attending the Ashes Test Match, boy was I in for a shock the dust was horrific lampshades damaged leaking radiator and what looked like someone had been ill down the side of the bed ! It was that bad I was allowed a £60 reduction on a room which I was being charged £160 a night!
The staff were really nice

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jayne F
Reviewed July 6, 2015 via mobile

Waiting patiently in reception for what seemed like forever (10 mins in reality) after a rather long journey, I was greeted by a smiling man who informed me I'd been upgraded to an outside room.
I hate to think what the standard rooms are like!
The room smelled old even though the windows had been left open.
And is generally grubby and far from pleasant.
I still have not braved the shower!!
Have a lot to fit in with work and play so don't have time to be moaning about things that can't be changed! But doubt I'll be coming back!!
Breakfast is plentiful