2 people are viewing this hotel
TravelocityUS$42
Trip.comUS$42
Orbitz.comUS$42
1,489 results
All reviews room was clean shower cubicle continental breakfast motorpoint arena minute walk all you can eat reception area tea and coffee cardiff centre would stay again one night stay hangers concert
Selected filters
Reviewed August 31, 2020

Stayed one night solo in February 2020.

The hotel is fairly easy to find, although you need to pre-book your parking in order to drive into the car park. I found this out when I buzzed the intercom at the gate, so luckily, as it was after 5.30pm, the nearby office parking spaces were free, so I was able to pull in and book and pay for parking online, which then gave me a code to drive into the hotel's car park.

Check-in was swift and my room was compact and pretty much a carbon copy of other Ibis Budget rooms I've stayed in. Everything was clean and tidy and I faced the car park, so had no issues with noise and slept well.

Being an Ibis, there was the usual separate WC from the shower pod and sink which was fine. There was plenty of hot water and good water pressure.

I'd booked breakfast as I had a conference to get to and it was the usual continental fair but was good. The staff were all friendly and helpful, so I'd definitely recommend if you want a good value place close to the city centre with parking.

Date of stay: February 2020
2  Thank TheLush101
Fazmil Haneefa, General Manager at ibis budget Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2020

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis budget Cardiff Centre.

Reviewed July 8, 2020

This is actually way better than quite a few non budget hotels I stayed at. Yes, no luxury, but at 50 Euro you get all you need. Small but spotless clean room,comfortable bed. The shower is very tiny, but manageable. I was pleasantly surprised, really.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Fazmil Haneefa, General Manager at ibis budget Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2020

Reviewed April 15, 2020

I had a good time at the Ibis budget Cardiff Centre while travelling around the United Kingdom with a colleague of mine. There weren't any issues pertaining to the check-in (the expediency was to be admired) and the quality of the accommodation provided fulfilled my expectations. The staff members were polite and attentive. It's always a plus when all the rooms are equipped with a double bed and I found my own one to be clean, well furnished and cozy. The hotel is located in a quiet area, but it's relatively close to the major landmarks of Cardiff. Maps of the city may be available at the reception desk. The restaurant offers nice Italian cuisine (not sure whether it was with a Welsh touch) and what I found interesting is that you could place your orders from the menu directly to the receptionists. All in all, this is a nice budget hotel that is likely to have an appeal for both backpackers and business travelers.

Date of stay: March 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Philip D
IbisbudgetCardiff, Manager at ibis budget Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2020

Reviewed March 12, 2020

This has to be the worst place I have ever stayed in my life. The staff are rude, the place is a total dump, the rooms are beyond basic and are in very poor condition, this is not a hotel, this is like a really sub standard youth hostel. It is that bad I wouldn't even let my dog stay here. The man on reception is rude, they expect you to register and login to some random website in order to park your car, but then find it could be anywhere in the area, 10-15 minute walk from the hotel! Which at 3am in the morning is less than funny especially when your charged an additional £10+ for the privilege. Upon finally parking and checking in their keycards are rubbish and simply work on and off. I finally get to the room and the card doesn't work no matter how many times I try it. I then go back down to the rude man on reception who wants to argue about my complaint regarding parking, he then re-inputs the code into the car and again I head back to the room. This time it works, so I go into the room to find a bed with the thinnest pillows and quilt you have ever seen, it may as well have just been a single thin sheet. The air conditionining was making an awful noise and despite there being controls would not fully switch off so I was left with a mosquito whinning sound all night long. The seal on the window had also completely gone, the TV did not work nor did the remote control, so BB1 was the only channel available to me. Being situated on the front facing side of the building I then had no option but to sit listening to cars and coaches driving by all night long instead, I got approx 2-3 hours sleep and was then woken by their cleaning staff shouting to each other in their foreign language down the corridor. So with less than 3 hours sleep I got up and went down at 10.25am in hope I would still have the opportunity to get a breakfast, which in most hotels would be until 11am. At this dump there was nothing for the £60 room rate, despite it stating I would receive a substantial breakfast, instead I was handed a coin by the receptionist to use in their sub standard coffee machine!! £8 for a watery hot chocolate !!! In my opinion this place should be ripped down and turned into a car park, it is not suitable for animals let alone humans.

Room tip: rear of hotel, front is continual noise as window seals are gone
Date of stay: March 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Fazmil Haneefa, General Manager at ibis budget Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2020

Dear Guest,

We are saddened to read your review and to learn of your disappointment.

I would like to take this opportunity mention that as we advertised its a no frills accommodation as we displayed in our websites, parking charges even though it is clear on our websites and in the parking area that you will have to pre book the parking but it did not reach you during the stay so we will try to make it prominent as possible and also the price is very competitive at the time of in the market. in regards staff behaviours i can assure you that we will look in to it and provide with them more rantings to avoid this kind of situation in the future. However, on behalf of the hotel & its management we sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused.

We have taken your comments very seriously & appreciate your feedback.

We value your patronage.

Best regards,

Reviewed March 10, 2020

I've stayed in this hotel many times. Unfortunately, the heating in the room was faulty and despite all the efforts from the staff, we spent a miserable night in a freezing room. On departure, we were assured that the cost of the room was going to be refunded. I haven't received any apologies from management and no refund. Shoddy treatment to a loyal customer.

Date of stay: February 2020
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank 2frogsinapond

Dear Guest,

We are saddened to read your review and to learn of your disappointment.

In regards to the A/C issue i can assure it is been maintain as per the requirements also we have a maintenance team on site. but some it wasn't fixed during your stay whilst apologising for the inconvenience please send me your name and reservation number via email in order for us to investigate come back to on this matter. However, on behalf of the hotel & its management we sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused.

We have taken your comments very seriously & appreciate your feedback.

We value your patronage.