“Great restaurant friendly service”
Review of Nant Restaurant

Nant Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 1,384 Restaurants in Cardiff
Price range: US$3 - US$13
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Nant Restaurant offers superb food at reasonable prices all prepared and serviced by our students under the guidance of their professional chefs and front of house staff. Join us for a three course lunch, in house or takeaway service for snacks, buffet or private function.
Reviewed May 29, 2016

Visited the Nant on a Thursday evening (open 6.30-8.30) to celebrate a friends birthday. We were greeted at the door and they were happy for us to add balloon decorations to the table. The three course meal was lovely with a good choice of starters and main meals and plenty of alcohol and non alcoholic beverages to choose from including a very tasty non alcoholic cocktail. Friendly service and the food was beautifully presented. Near the end of the meal we were introduced to Kirsty who had designed the menu so we were able to give our feedback in a very personal way. At present the restaurant opens 3 lunch times and two evenings so pre booking is advisable. Great experience - so good to see how talented the students at this college are.

4  Thank teithio2013

Reviewed May 24, 2016

Once again we were given a warm welcome by the students. Service was faultless as usual, the food WOW !!! Each time we have ordered a lamb dish at the Nant it has been outstanding, I have never tasted lamb like it. Everything was delicious and cooked to perfection. It was a perfect end to my birthday, I was made to feel very special with a complimentary cocktail, also a lovely finishing touch to my dessert. Thanks to Lisa Johnson, and everyone else involved, her menus really float my boat !!! We wish her well with whatever Lisa goes on to do after completing her course.

2  Thank Nicole S
Reviewed May 24, 2016 via mobile

This restaurant is a must. Great food, service and price. We will be returning shortly.
Would like to be able to find what will be on the menu before booking, but not a big problem.

3  Thank Oldingmum
Reviewed May 20, 2016

My daughter took me for a meal in this restaurant as a birthday treat, and it certainly was a treat. The students do such a fantastic job, the waiters and waitresses seemed a little nervous but the service was excellent and the staff were extremely polite. The food was stunning, plated up beautifully and tasted even better. I felt like I was in a 5* a la carte restaurant and it was hard to believe I was in the local college. The price is fantastic and we had a few cocktails which tasted great. We have booked to go again as it was so good, I thoroughly enjoyed everything about it.

4  Thank Sandy1961_91
Reviewed May 14, 2016

What a little wonder. I was surprised to find this so close to home(its not really in Cardiff but tucked away in the valleys). Went with some friends for dinner on Thursday night and the menu had been created by Lucy(i think). Food was amazing and all for a tenner. The quality of the food was very high end and between us on the table we saw all the menu. Everything looked great and tasted better. This is a fantastic place and great to have the opportunity to meet the people cooking and learning. I can't recommend this place enough and have already booked in for my work Christmas lunch.

Service was also great and our waiter kept us entertained.

Once again high end dining for 10 whole British pound