“Gorgeous little french oasis”

Cafe du chat noir ltd
Ranked #4 of 1,391 Restaurants in Cardiff
Price range: US$4 - US$16
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Visited this place with friends. Staff were really welcoming, explained the menu, and after we ordered we kept chatting to them, as they really love their place and what they do. Food was amazing, drinks were just as great. Overall wonderful experience, we shall visit again soon!

2  Thank eleglia

Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

Great food, great service and quirky atmosphere. Loved it. Brilliant value for money. Would recommend.

1  Thank Toby W
Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

On a hot day in Cardiff, I found this Cafe in a less known Cardiff arcade, Wellfield Court. There was a group of retirees-who-lunch eating and enjoying the outside seating whilst inside was visually pleasing and very French. I ordered a croque monsieur (as you do) and was pleased to be able to tailor it to my pregnant whims. It was delicious and the side salad, fresh and tasty. Lovely! Will return.

1  Thank Sarah B
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

I visited the Cafe for lunch on a Friday a couple weeks ago. The food and wine we're delicious and the service was spot on.

1  Thank J77777J
Reviewed June 26, 2018 via mobile

Always such a welcome in this French inspired restaurant. I had croque monsieur on this occasion and it was perfect. The portion was a little larger than others I’ve had (probably too much for one person) but it was so good I could not bring myself to leave a single morsel. If you find yourself in this area then I can highly recommend you give this place a visit. Its hidden in a small arcade but once you’ve found it I guarantee you’ll be planning a return visit soon after.

2  Thank Cardifflad1