3,930 results
All reviews turn down service opera house beautiful hotel mini bar central location hotel bar a lovely stay city hall executive room afternoon tea stayed for one night cooked breakfast from start to finish top class car park concierge robes
Reviewed April 4, 2018

the lobby in the hotel was freezing on arrival sat beside the fire only to be told i would have to move soon as the table was reserved (really) i could not beleive this got to the room and the heat was broke but it took the second fella liam to help so he moved me to another room well done liam what a really lovely fella

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Kathleen M
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Went to this hotel 2_4 April 2018.they put me in room 203 and it was a very cold day arrived a bit early so I sat in the lobby which was very cold I sat beside a fire and the girl came to me and said this table is reserved so I had to move.got to my room and it was freezing so tried to put the heat on which is a contraption on the wall that u need the torch on Ur phone to c it because of the dim lighting the heat did not come on so went to the desk and asked for help they sent a concierge (a man) up to my room he set the heat and told me when it gets to warm just turn it of.waited another couple of hours and still no heat so I rang down to the desk and they sent Leon up what a lovely young man he informed me the heating in my room was broke and he moved me to another room which was facing the cleaners office I was up so early that morning I tried to have a nap in the afternoon I slept for 10 mins because the cleaners were so noisy and the doors don't keep the noise out u can hear everything that is going on in the corridors I had about 8_9 hours sleep in 2 nights I wore earplugs just incase but they had no affect.and the noise of the traffic is bad you would think the windows were open I don't think the double glazing works. and the banging doors nearly drove me mad. you can't pull the handles down on the outside of the door when Ur leaving the room so the doors bang I heard this at 3.30and 4 in the morning. it is a beautiful hotel but very noisy I have stayed in 3star hotels which was a lot quieter.the staff are really friendly they can't do enough for you. Breakfast is great everything u could want but the tomato ketchup is that bad it tastes like vinegar when I tried it it hit the back of my throat I could not stop coughing the waiter had to bring me some water to b honest I have stayed at jurrys in opposite the Fitzwilliam and in my opinion it's a far better hotel and it's a 3* I think it's safe to say I won't be going back to the fitzwilliam.wen I was checking out I told the desk clerk about my stay and all I was offered was an appology?

Room Tip: Don't stay on 2nd floor its to noisey?
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank _kathleenmck50
Reviewed April 3, 2018

Excellent service and location. Great value. Lovely modern decor. Would happily stay again. Loved the little luxurious extras like the turn down service. Proximity to Crown Bar and Robinson's a bonus!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

This was a birthday treat, well, intended to be. Not impressive when you arrive everywhere is dark and dingy. Staff are not nice very unfriendly, how this place ever got 5 stars I do not know! The rooms are average nothing special has the feel of 'business trip' all over. Functional but no extras. We ate in the restaurant which was ok but again nothing special for the price tag. It wasn't too busy which maybe says a lot. Breakfast not of 5 star quality again average hotel breakfast. If you are looking for somewhere special don't book here!! I've stayed in many hotels and can't see why this one is awarded 5 stars for the life of me. More like 3, don't waste your money like we did. Total rip off, do your research before booking is my advice!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Delia D
Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Fabulous location with welcoming staff. The room was gorgeous, linens and pillows were luxurious. Even a lovely terry cloth robe was provided. Location was central to everything. The hotel was fabulous and I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple