“Greasy and Overrated”
Review of Roasted & Toasted

Roasted & Toasted
Ranked #442 of 1,196 Restaurants in Belfast
Reviewed August 22, 2017

Ordered soup and Sinatra sandwich and a gourmet donut via Deliveroo today. It came earlier than estimated in fact. Each item was presented in a good quality, thick cardboard box sealed with their label and served with cutlery and napkins. Everything except the soup was dripping in grease unfortunately. I was hungry and finished the spicy lentil soup(?) which was great and had nice heat, but I could not muster the last few bites of the sandwich as it was too greasy. It was disappointing to open my gourmet donut served with some apple crumble as that too was very greasy. The cinnamon donut, which they've given me as an alternative instead of the sourdough that should've come with my soup, was also greasy. Even the cardboard boxes they came in was saturated with oil. This is not the place to go for if you're semi-curious about calorie intake. Order little and rarely if you don't want feel sick afterwards. Hopefully a visit will do this cafe some redemption.

Reviewed July 9, 2017 via mobile

Ate here three times now an hasn't let me down, Breakfast in toasted sour dough is amazing with the chili lava bread.

Reviewed July 5, 2017

Nice staff, menu looks promising, especially for veggie options, but man, could the toasties be any greasier?? They were just dripping with oil. I left the cafe feeling sick. Won't be back unfortunately...

1  Thank izzie31
Reviewed June 26, 2017

Holy moly. It's not often that a humble sandwich makes me want to burst into song, but the roast chicken and homemade pesto delight I just devoured here has done exactly that. There are so many delicious sandwich options, different breads and fillings but all toasted and buttery crunchy goodness. I also love that the menu highlights local suppliers, like CoCouture, Yellow Door and Draynes Farm.

Also the dessert menu boasts the single most enticing concoction I've seen in a long while: a croissant, CoCouture chocolate sauce, hazelnut and whipped cream sundae. And they make their own doughnuts. I know, right? I am drooling all over my keyboard.

Lovely relaxed atmosphere, good music, free wifi, laptop desks with outlets, good coffee... It's great how much Botanic/Queens area has improved in terms of food choices, and this is my new favourite!

Reviewed June 24, 2017 via mobile

I don't have a lot to say other than our breakfast here was absolutely amazing!!! The Frenchy and The Welsh One were absolutely phenomenal (I tried both ) and the flat white was a proper cup of coffee. I will definitely be back and would recommend everyone else do the same!!