“Lovely food but slow service ”
Review of Ginger Bistro

Ginger Bistro
Ranked #6 of 1,086 Restaurants in Belfast
Price range: US$16 - US$27
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Golden Mile
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The food is really very nice and the puddings are to die for! A nice relaxed environment as well. However, I would say that I found service to be extremely slow. We waited a good 20 minutes for our desserts plates to be cleared away and to request the bill. After we still hadn't been approached, my husband had to go and find a server to ask for the bill. We were only 1 of 3 couples dining so I'm not sure if here was a reason for the delay as we saw at least 3 servers.

2  Thank Icklerobin
There are newer reviews for Ginger Bistro

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Despite its being a Tuesday evening, the place was very busy. Maybe it was a difficult night for staff availability, but the service was a little delayed. However the food was excellent and the prices reasonable. Despite the pressure on them, the staff remained polite and as effective as they could manage under the circumstances! Otherwise I would rate it possibly 5 stars.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

We have been here previously when it was not on Gt Victoria St but round the corner and the food was great then
The layout is excellent as bookings go to the back and walk in to the front seating
The staff are so friendly the food delicious and a great atmosphere
We had a lovely lunch at great prices and we will definitely go again

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Good range of dishes on menu. Friendly and attentive staff. Lovely food. Would definitely recommend. Lamb was delicious.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

I never go back for lunch and dinner to the same place and the same day. I did here. Very happy I did. Front of the house is for walk-ins as I understand. Very good lunches and dinner. Very good wine list. Try the pinot grigiot. For lunch have the Thai curry chicken. Delightful. For dinner try the scallops and lamb. Very Good! Good service here too.