“Should be better”
Review of The Square Cafe & Restaurant - CLOSED

The Square Cafe & Restaurant
Price range: US$4 - US$66
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Golden Mile
Reviewed January 10, 2016

Went here on a recommendation,Cannot say i had a good time really,The food was average, the young waiting staff were average, but menu is expensive .place is very nice and clean but for the price IT SHOULD BE TOP DRAW

Reviewed December 5, 2015 via mobile

Three of us had a lovely lunch here. The waiter was very efficient, friendly and helpful. We started off with the house pâté and then I had the smoked fish risotto, while the others has Salmon Mornay and Chicken Schnitzel. All were very pleased with our lunch and would return. I tasted the chicken schnitzel and would rocommend that one especially. Well done The Square !

Reviewed November 4, 2015

We walked in on a Wednesday night a whisker before 9pm, and we were warmly welcomed and seated without hesitation.

We chose to eat from the a la carte menu, and to start I ordered the squid. Beautifully crisp light batter covered the irregular shapes. Unlike a lot of places, where you get the uniform rings or short strands. The trio of dips were perfect.

The Hake followed for my main, and as part of mains dishes you get a selection of fresh veg, and two different types of potato (champ and parmentier). My dining partner had the fillet steak, it was cooked to perfection, well done but tender and juicy.

Couldn't resist a pud, so I opted for the raspberry and white chocolate cheesecake. To my delight, it was a proper baked cheescake, and it wasn't too sweet which is the danger with using white chocolate in puddings, as I've previously found in various eateries. All puddings are made in house, including the ice creams.

The decor is understated, and the premises is spotlessly clear. Johnny, the maître d', is experienced, professional and nothing was too much trouble. Excellent dining experience and we'll return sooner rather than later.

Reviewed October 30, 2015

I have been eating in The Square for years and have had some memorable meals. Last night's visit was no exception. Prawns in garlic butter with a light batter were so fresh and sweet, just fantastic. Fillet steak was tender, well flavoured and cooked just as I like it. Cheese was served a bit too cold. Staff helpful, friendly and efficient. There are plenty of reasons to visit Belfast's busy Dublin Road but in my opinion this is THE place to eat.

Reviewed October 23, 2015

Excellent food, very friendly waitstaff, and attentive service on a Tuesday night. Walked from Centre City hotel.