“They couldn't have tryed anymore”
Review of Maggie Mays

Maggie Mays
Ranked #144 of 1,155 Restaurants in Belfast
Price range: US$1 - US$9
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Queen's Quarter
Description: As one of the most popular eateries in Belfast, Maggie Mays serves the best home cooking in the Belfast area. Its situated at Botanic Avenue and also at Stranmillis which draws in families, students and business people. Its popularity indicates the quality of food, service and value. Maggie Mays offers a large menu from early morning breakfasts, fantastic lunches as well as a dinner menu. While having an evening meal you can also bring your own alcoholic beverage. Its also the ideal place for a quick coffee/tea with a delicious dessert menu.
Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

We came here when we arrived on Monday and was not disappointed.We both had Ulster Fry Ups.The food was delicious and filling
The staff were chatty friendly .On leaving Belfast on Friday we again stopped of at Maggie.We had to wait for a table one was soon found us in the snug.The breakfast was just as good as before the staff just as friendly.Last time we had been chatting with them about their milkshakes.We promised them we would have one on the return as we couldn't fit it in on Monday .We loosen our belts and ordered the milkshakes they lived up to their billings.Now Maggie you have gone and broke my heart as we are going home today and I won't be able to see you till next year when we are definitely coming back to Belfast such a friendly city.

Reviewed September 14, 2017 via mobile

Have eaten here a few times over the years was back recently a couple of weeks ago were we had one of there specials the titanic burger which is large and delicious and quite a feed served with a large portion of chips I would highly recommend this place if you have a good appetite

Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

Called for lunch. Had to queue despite the back room being empty. No soup of the day available as they 'were expecting to be busy'??? Service was exceptionally slow although staff were friendly. We had burger with sweet potatoes fries and chicken goons with a very pathetic side salad (limp lettuce, some grated cheese, two strands of onion and a bit of chopped tomato. No dressing on top and it looked sorry!
I don't know why but this place doesn't take credit or debit cards which is a pain.

Reviewed September 11, 2017 via mobile

I went in on Sunday morning with a friend. The sign advised customers to wait to be seated. There were four empty tables, three of which were for two people.

In the 10 minutes we stood waiting three staff members told us to wait and asked us how many were in our group.

We eventually gave up and went elsewhere. There was absolutely no need to keep us standing for 10 minutes when there were tables free.

I'll never be back.

megs_belfast, Manager at Maggie Mays, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2017

Hey Declan, I'm really sorry about your experience. I was there the Sunday morning when you both came in and were waiting for a table.
Majority of our customers had just all came in at once. The back snug was full as well as people waiting to order and food coming out. We are not usually that busy at that time on a Sunday morning and only had four staff on at the time. It is no excuse though and I do apologise as we should have explained the situation and got you sat sooner.
I do hope you guys give us another chance.

Reviewed September 7, 2017 via mobile

My wife Natasha and I again visited Maggie Mays cafe on Botanic Ave. And to our delight it was the same buzz cafe we had been to previously. It is full of a mixed clientele - students, business people and loads of tourists.
The food and service was of the highest quality,the same as we received the last time we visited. It is nice to see that things do not change. And the atmosphere is wonderful, the music is good and things move at a very past pace.
You must go when in Belfast or just walking about Botanic Avenue. It is a wonderful cafe with old Belfast images all over the walls. Go and enjoy it!

2  Thank Winston S