“Absolutely woeful...”

Ranked #474 of 1,128 Restaurants in Belfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

We visited late afternoon and the cafe had more staff than customers but the staff at the till could not even manage to communicate a simple order to the kitchen.

After 35 minutes we asked if our food was nearly ready only to be told 'it will be another few minutes'. It transpired they had lost the order docket and had not even started to prepare our food. Needless to say we left after getting a full refund.

I dread to think how the staff cope when they are busy!!

Reviewed 13 April 2017

Visited this lunchtime with a friend. V. poor quality food.
His chicken burger was dry and no dressing. Just another piece of wilted lettuce. My sandwich was as described above. Would not recommend. Pity as this place used to be ok.

Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

Went for lunch , waited 25 minutes for "pizza" and chips . An Italian would have had heart failure on seeing the pizza ! Inedible doughy thick bread with tomato and cheese on top !!! Salad finally arrived after 35 minutes so had to be eaten quickly to return to work . Will never be back .

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

Hadn't been to Cafe Renoir in over a year so was looking forward to going back. Not a great selection of sweet stuff but was probably what was left over from a busy Saturday. The coffee and food itself was fine but the staff are probably the laziest I've ever seen. So many dirty tables which made the place look a state. one employee was on a mobile phone, one was drinking coffee, one was eating cake and one was sitting down. We had asked for more coffee only to be told to sit down and they'd brew some and bring it sober. Surely a cafe on a Sunday afternoon should have a constant stream of filter coffee brewing!! Anyways it never came so we left. Won't be back.

Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

I sometimes spontaneously decide to have a late lunch, early dinner and want a no fuss experience. Today was one of those days and I brought the family to cafe Renoir and it was great!
If you want good food in beautiful surroundings then you've arrived!
You just grab a menu, get seated, then go and order.
We had fish and chips and chicken burgers, 2 of which had pulled pork topping and my own with cheese. The food arrived on boards, rustic and cool like the surroundings.
My view, from a cosy snug, was the glowing flames of a pizza oven, transporting me to a Greek island. The beautiful blue and white tiles underfoot reminded me of Mexico and the beautifully polished wooden bar, farm tools scattered across the walls, and old pine doors installed in the walls illuminated by overhead rustic lighting, creates a homely Irish vibe. The seating is also great.. pews and stylish colourful seats with scatter cushions.
My teenagers loved this food and all this with drinks £36!!
Ps staff lovely..really responsive to your needs.

1  Thank bstratton2