“Little known gem” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Caife Feirste - CLOSED

Caife Feirste
Price range: US$5 - US$37
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating
belfast
“Little known gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

Ok, What do you do on a wet may bank holiday monday in Belfast? Well for myself and some family members who have travelled from England and Donegal, I suggested Caife Feirste for some lunch and we wern`t dissapointed.The staff are so friendly and speak great Irish!!!!!( we don`t), but we were all made very welcolm anyway. There is a great atmosphere in the place as soon as you walk in, you immediately feel you`re at home.
Theres a small book/giftshop as you come in and we felt on walking round it should cater more for gifts etc ,rather than books, as we feel this is what visitors want, but thats just our opinion.
When we eventually sat down for lunch we were delighted with the menu as it gave a good veggie option.
When my sister in law commented on the super red onion chutney served with her goats cheese meal the young manager( think his name was Oisin) got her the recipe from the chef,(Denise) who later joined us, much to our delight and the craic was great!

It`s great food , presented well ,at great prices.(Dont change a thing Denise cos we are coming back very soon)!!!

Thanks again to all
Mo, Sean, Pat n Mary

• Visited May 2012
4 Thank moseyM

belfast
“surprisingly good quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

I went here for lunch with low expectations as
- the 5 star reviews came mainly from one-off reviewers whereas the more experienced reviewers were less enthusiastic
- I had dropped in previously when in the area on business and had quickly dropped out again as everyone seemed to be eating breakfast fried food and I assumed this was the standard fare.
However my trust in Trip Advisor was repaid as we had a very good quality lunch for a very good price.
We both had the Californian chicken which was a chicken breast on a good quality salad with some deliciously flavoured mayo. There was also a good portion of garlic bread which Californian ladies would probably pass on. It was a good £7 worth and there were several other £7 options along with 3 or 4 £9 options. We didn't have room for deserts but what we saw going past appeared to be good quality and also reasonably priced.
Therefore well worth a visit, no issues with the service.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank grumpyoldulsterman
artychef, Owner at Caife Feirste, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Thank you so much for your kind review, we strive to please in every way. We thought you might like to know about our Friday night menu, we are just starting with Friday evening to see if we will open permantly due to lots of request from customers. We have a starters of crab cakes with Asian slaw and mango salsa, fois gras parfait , goats cheese, onion chili jam & roast pepper spring rolls and for mains Fusion surf n turf, panseared seabass, lamb shank, Louisiana barbecue shrimp and more as the menu is updated every week but we keep some of the favourites on all the time so we hope see on a Friday evening if your in our neighborhood and many thanks again
Denise & Michael
NB
“Tasty and quality food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

Have been here a few times. Staff are friendly, food is delicious, and good prices

2 Thank Briege_e
dublin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

I came up from dublin on a day trip to belfast and decided to try this cafe as i heard it had great reviews, and the reviews were very true. The food was superb, really delicious i had the pizza and i will definitly be coming back for more! The service was great no delays with my food. There was a great buzz in the restaurant very busy! The food was very reasonable priced! I will definitly be back on my next trip up!!

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank shona m
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You would not believe it”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

Had the most unbelievable experience here today. Purchased the Groupon deal for 2 pizzas and 2 sides but when arrived (had booked) was told the pizza oven was broken and could have 4 main courses instead. not happy with this as value of deal total was £46 and 4 main courses would only be £28. I asked to speak to owner and was told he was in back and did not want to come out and speak to me and he also asked the very young manager?? to ask me to leave the building. So shocked and annoyed as have eaten here numerous times before.
I think that we could have come to an amicable agreement had the owner just been willing to leave the kitchen and speak to me but I left when asked and approached Groupon for a refund.

• Visited February 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Carolyn M
artychef, Owner at Caife Feirste, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
We called you before you came in that we were having issues with the oven and to book another evening instead you came in with 6 PEOPLE with 2 voucher demanding 6 meals and as my manager told you the that the voucher did not include 6 meals you got really aggressive and were asked to leave, as for a regular customer we have never seen you before and we do not serve agressive people in our restaurant.