1,346 results
All reviews la scala bistro sunday buffet parliament building hastings group hastings hotels porridge the general manager city centre lovely hotel executive room business trip restaurant staff afternoon tea scones northern ireland from start to finish top class
Reviewed January 10, 2018 via mobile

The staff are very friendly and helpful. My room was comfortable, the bed especially with big fluffy pillows. The bathroom was on the cold side and there wasn’t a radiator, the room was warm but I couldn’t leave the bathroom door open because of the outside lights shining through. However I enjoyed my stay and my complimentary Rubber Duck.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank lizzsimms
JonathanTopping, General Manager at Stormont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2018

Dear Lizzsimms,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Stormont Hotel. I'm really pleased you enjoyed your time with us and I hope you are enjoying giving your rubber duck a new home! We hope to see you back at Stormont Hotel again soon.

Reviewed January 4, 2018

just popped into the stormont hotel with friends for aquick lunch this week the food was delicious and pipping hot .we all had a beef and rice dish with a lovely salad each ,super.as we didn't have any starters we decided to indulge in their mini desserts .they were lovely.they were beautifully presented .the bar staff and food waitresses were very pleasant and extremely attentive .we will certainly be back again but this time for dinner . would highly recommend this hotel for a meal

Room tip: didn't stay overnight
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank christina094
JonathanTopping, General Manager at Stormont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2018

Dear christina094,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Stormont Hotel. I'm really pleased you enjoyed your time with us so much and are looking forward to returning. I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 2, 2018

Stormont. Check in easy. Room good, big bed, nice tv, room service expensive so choose not to. Room was roasting during the nightmaking cuddling and sleeping difficult. Breakfast bread hard, bacon undercooked, no fried or poached eggs and no tea or juice.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear dianesM5722JH,

Thank you so much for your review.

Reviewed January 1, 2018

As a family we went here for my father’s 91 birthday. I had booked a table in the La Scala bistro as our party was very large and I didn’t want to take any chances. We were seated very quickly and our drinks order taken. They took our food order at the same time. The La Scala bistro restaurant is very nice with lots of room between the tables. The starters and main course were lovely. The Trainee manager< I believe her name was C Jess was very attentive to our needs. Overall we had a lovely experience in the hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank colinbT4397ME

Dear colinbT4397ME,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent experience of La Scala Bistro. I will share your feedback with our team who will be thrilled. Thank you again.

Reviewed December 29, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I and our 6 year old son enjoyed the fantastic Christmas buffet on Christmas Eve! On arrival,Santa and Mrs Claus met us and walked my son by the hand down to the managers, where a lovely lady Lauren took our coats and warmly welcomed us. James was given a selection box and Santa chatted away to him! We were walked to our seats by another friendly lady, Karen. The seats were decorated with chair covers and festive coloured sashes,the room looked so inviting. As we forgot to lift a drink on arrival a waiter very kindly went to get our mulled wine and juice for James. Karen explained to us how it all worked and off we went to fill our plates!! The starter options were incredible!! Prawns,asparagus,roasted vegetable salad, muscles, pate&toast, cous cous, salads, marinated chicken, smoked salmon, blacked smoked haddock, fruit and many others I can't even think!!!!!! We have been on a number of cruises and the food was displayed and tasted just as wonderfully. The decor was just magical! There was also a pasta station,all made fresh in front of you and a soup station with about 5 different choices of fabulous breads! The main course was as expected,a Christmas dinner with meat choices of ham,turkey or lamb. Everything else was delicious! Especially tue creamy mash potatoes!! The desserts!!!! Well! Fantastic! Anything and everything you could think of!! Cheesecakes,pavlova,brulee,ice creams,yule log,cakes,christmas biscuits.....and many many more!! Again displayed in such a fun and exciting way! James particularly liked the chocolate fountain!

The waiter and waitresses were always checking on us and cleared away any finished plates. I certainly didn't feel judged by how many times i went up! Which was a lot!! A guy sang Christmas songs in the back ground with a guitar. The atmosphere was super relaxed and it was very child friendly! I will definitely be returning and will recommend to friends and family!infact i don't think i have stopped talking about it! Such a perfect start to the holidays for our family!! Thank you to everyone we met that day. We were treated so well and felt valued. Very well done Stormount Hotel and the staff invloved!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jenni E
JonathanTopping, General Manager at Stormont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2017

Dear Jenni E,

Thank you so much for such a great review. I'm delighted you enjoyed your time with us so much and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.