All reviews the marco pierre white restaurant city airport east belfast ulster fry junior suite jacuzzi bath night porter bar food business trip cooked breakfast room was spacious hotel bar titanic experience breakfast was excellent stayed here for one night yogurt receptionist
Reviewed April 20, 2017

Nice stylish hotel located in a residential area of east Belfast. It is approximately 10 minutes from the city centre by taxi (£6) or 15/20 minutes by bus (£2). There is a bus stop across the road from the hotel. One of the hop on hop off bus tours also travels along Belmont Avenue just around the corner from the hotel. We used public transport and left our car at the hotel for the duration of our stay.

The room was very comfortable and décor was modern. We did not have a particularly good view from our first floor bedroom, looking out onto air conditioning/heating units on a flat roof. The room had tea/coffee making facilities and the biscuits were an unexpected extra. We had a large double bed and a single bed which suited our requirements and the beds were very comfortable. The room was serviced every day.

We ate in the Marco Pierre restaurant one night. The food was very tasty and well presented. We chose the two courses for £20 with a glass of wine and it was great value. Breakfast was served in this restaurant in the morning and it was cooked to order. There was also a selection of cereal, yogurts, juices, croissants and fruit.

The reception staff were helpful when we checked in and on our departure. There was no difficulty ordering a taxi when needed.

Whilst there are several hotels located closer to and in the heart of the city, I still enjoyed my stay here and would return.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Park-Avenue-Belfast, Guest Relations Manager at Park Avenue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2017

Good morning and thank you for taking the time to post such a lovely review. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the Hotel’s great location for both shopping locally, visiting local attractions and access to the City centre.

Thanks for your lovely feedback on the rooms, restaurant and staff and I have passed on your comments to all of our teams, as they are always glad to hear when guests find that we meet and then exceed your expectations.

We hope that you will visit with us again in the near future and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed April 18, 2017

The desk attendant was helpful and successful in resolving fraudulent cancellation which would have resulted in my credit card being double billed. That was wonderful mostly because it completed the rest of the stay: great room; delicious dinner special; substantial breakfast to get us on the way to the day's activities.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a complimentary review.

Our front office team were delighted that they were able to help with your credit card issue and we are so pleased that you didn’t incur further charges. I have passed on your great comments to all of our Teams and I was so pleased that you enjoyed our Breakfast selection. We pride ourselves in offering a cook to order breakfast as opposed to a buffet style as would be usual in most 4* hotels and I am delighted that you enjoyed this.

We look forward to welcoming you back again at some time in the future.

Reviewed April 12, 2017

We stayed here for 2 nights - Sunday to Tuesday to a very disappointing stay. As we were travelling from the south of Ireland when booking the hotel WIFI was an absolute must as our phone networks didn't work in the North and also I needed Wifi access for work. It didn't take us long to realise that the WIFI was extremely weak so we went to reception to enquire about what was going on or to establish if it was weaker in a particular side of the hotel. The female receptionist ignored us for 5 minutes as she continued to complain and moan about her hours working in the hotel and her holidays while on a personal call. It couldn't be more obvious that she didn't want to be there. When she eventually hung up after us glaring at her she said that the WIFI can be problematic in certain areas of the hotel and she'd "plug it out and back in" . She said she'd leave a note to ask someone to come out and look at it but obviously this didn't happen. On the second day the WIFI went from weak to effectively non existent which was extremely frustrating on a both work and personal level. I called reception again that night to unfortunately be greeted to the same female staff member who was so unfriendly and rude that I felt I was interrupting her by enquiring. I asked if she could "plug it out " again as she did the night before to which she replied "no , there's no point". I asked her then to leave a note on our file so I could speak to a manger in the morning. When we were checking out the manager did come and apologise and deducted £20 off the bill which was a nice gesture but it could have been a lot more given the fact that a 4 start hotel should as a basic requirement provide the "high speed internet" which it claims. The manager in fairness was very nice but the female member at reception was so rude and unhelpful that it had a pretty negative start on our stay in Belfast. In addition to this there was a lamp in the room not working, the plumbing is poor as you had to flush the toilet repeatedly and the breakfast was very average. To be honest it's not a 4 star hotel , more 3 star quality . Thankfully all the other people we met in Belfast were welcoming and friendly , very unlike the welcome we received at the Park Avenue Belfast.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Rachy B

Thank you for taking the time to post your detailed review and I am so sorry to learn that you did not receive a warm welcome on checkin and that you felt one of our staff member was lacking in service to you when dealing with your issues.

We pride ourselves in offering a friendly and welcoming service to all, of our guests and I would apologise that you felt this was not your experience. I have discussed your issues with our Front of House Manager and would assure you that your experience is not reflective of the customer training service that our staff have taken. Retraining is being implemented for all of our front office staff in light of the comments that you have made.

I was glad that Katrina was able to offer a deduction on your bill by way of a gesture of goodwill on this occasion as it is always good for us to be able to deal with any situation that arises whilst the guest is still with us in the Hotel.

I wanted to apologise also that the wifi was not up to strength during your stay and that we were unable to rectify the issues sufficiently for you to enable you to work. I wanted to let you know that our Wifi is having a complete overhaul at the moment. I do hope that you will not let this experience stop you from visiting us again in the future as we would welcome the opportunity of living up to both your and our 4* expectations for you. Again thank you for taking the time to leave your review which I have made all of our Teams aware of.

We do appreciate all reviews including those that highlight when we have failed to deliver a successful guest experience. I hope that you will give us another chance when you visit Belfast again

Jane, Guest Services Manager

Reviewed April 10, 2017

Very clean hotel with fab Marco Pierre White Restaurant. Female staff at reception could have been more helpful but all other staff great. Good location if visiting Titanic experience. Booking in advance for the restaurant is helpful as we were initially told that we couldn't get a table for an hour, despite the place being quiet with lots of free tables. We eventually got a table after asking a different member of staff and at no time while we were there for one and a half hours did the restaurant fill to capacity.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely 4 star review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your meal in the Marco Pierre White Bistro and I am sorry that there was some confusion over you booking a table, but I am glad that one of our team were able to help you. However, if I may take this opportunity to explain why you might have been asked to wait for an hour... You are quite correct when you say that the restaurant may not have filled but when any restaurant tells you that they are 'full' when the tables obviously aren't, what they actually mean is that the kitchen can only work to a certain capacity and serve a certain amount of customers well. This may be because it it a quiet night and we have chefs on days off or perhaps someone called in sick. Like all restaurants we staff our kitchens when we know it is going to be busy (like the weekends for example) but on midweek days we have some of the team off on days leave. So to ensure that we serve all our customers well, we ask the Restaurant Manager not to 'fill' to capacity as the service may not be as high as we would like.

I hope this goes some way to explain what happened and to assure you that we always want to ensure our guests have the very best experience.

I really look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion.

Reviewed April 9, 2017

Just returned from lunch in the Marco Pierre White restaurant in the Park Avenue hotel. The meal was very poor and was not hot when served .Everything was piled on the plate and was not very appetising. I will not pay a return visit to this restaurant.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends

Good afternoon Mary and thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

I am of course very sorry to learn that you did not enjoy your Sunday Lunch in the Marco Pierre White Bistro recently.

You did not mention in your review if you had mentioned your displeasure to any of our staff on duty at the time as they would have welcomed the opportunity to rectify both the temperature of your meal and explain the ethos of the style of service. We will always strive to ensure that every guest enjoys their experience with us, but we can't rectify an issue that we only learn about once you go home and login to your computer. That said, if you did address your issues at the time and feel they were not dealt with properly, then please feel free to email directly at events@parkavenuehotel.co.uk and I will investigate and come back to you personally.

I have passed your comments onto both our Head Chef and Restaurant Manager and they were sorry that you feel that you will not visit the restaurant again as they would have welcomed the opportunity to live up to your original expectation.