All reviews the marco pierre white restaurant city airport east belfast ulster fry junior suite jacuzzi bath night porter bar food business trip cooked breakfast room was spacious hotel bar titanic experience breakfast was excellent stayed here for one night yogurt receptionist
Reviewed July 6, 2018

Have just returned from a two night mid week stay and found the same usual good standard. Rooms are clean and bright and most of the staff are pleasant and helpful. They serve a good choice for breakfast but the service this time was a bit disappointing.We have stayed there many times but lately it is difficult to book a room at weekends because Belfast has become a popular destination of late and the prices are rising accordingly.

Room Tip: North facing rooms you can hear planes landing and taking off from City Airport
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Park-Avenue-Belfast, Guest Relations Manager at Park Avenue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2018

Good morning Aidan

Thank you so much for a great 4 star review and thank you for being a regular visitor. I hope we make you feel like you have a 'home from home' experience.

Belfast is definitely becoming a very popular city destination and it is fantastic so see so many international visitors come to 'our wee city'. If you are coming back to stay with us again, can I suggest that you always book via our own brand website as this is where you will always see the very best rates, packages and availability.

We hope to welcome you back again soon

Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

Four star hotel that felt more like a three star. There was a mistake with the room so we had a half hour delay getting to our room, first impressions were that the room was small but ok. We felt that a bit more effort could have been made with the with the room. The shower curtain was hanging off and the toilet seat was very loose, in addition the remote control for the TV wasn't working. On the plus side, the food in the bar restaurant was absolutely excellent

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Park-Avenue-Belfast, Guest Relations Manager at Park Avenue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2018

Good morning Jonathan and thank you for your review

We take all guest feedback very seriously and I will make sure that each room is checked as you certainly shouldn't have had a shower curtain hanging off - apologies for that.

I hope that if you return to Belfast, you give us another chance to exceed your expectations

Reviewed June 20, 2018

The accommodation is very good. The room was very clean and comfortable..Slept very well.
The staff were exceptionally helpful and pleasant. Nothing was a bother for them and they were very pleasant and attentive.
The restaurant and Bistro were very good. Great menu choices and the food was excellent.
I would highly recommend staying there . very central for a visit to the city.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Well good morning SuperGran and what a fantastic TripAdvisor profile name!

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for mentioning the team. We are a family owned and managed hotel and we feel we try and give our guests something a little bit special, so it is great that you enjoyed your time with us.

I love that you had a good nights sleep - we have invested heavily in new beds and I am glad you had sweet dreams...

Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon

Reviewed June 20, 2018

This is a good hotel with excellent staff and it offers a good stay to those visiting. That said the look inside is slightly dated with old brown worn furniture in the rooms.
That said - it is clean and the doule room that we used for 5 nights had a Super-King sized bed (2 singles together). The duvet cover didin;t seem to fit properly but that was a minor issue. The room is large and the bathroom also.
Breakfast is taken in the Pierre Michael White restaurant and serves a good variety of cooked and cold breakfasts. The staff there work very hard and sometimes are not helped by the cumstomers - the hotel seems to be used by visiting tour groups.
We had a leisurely breakfast each morning - washed down with some excellent coffee (some iof the best I have tasted in a hotel). Toast is in abundance.
If you wish to have a drink/food at Lunchtime or evening there is a bar which also does excellent reasonably priced food. On our last night we had a club sandwich which was well filled with chicken and bacon together with fries/salad for only £6.50.
The staff are all extremely pleasant and to their credit if there is an issue (blown lightbulbs in the room in my case) they make sure that it is sorted in quick fashion.
I would use this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maverick_in_UK

Good morning and thank you so much for such a wonderful review

I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and I am glad we not only met but exceeded your expectations.

We do try to make every guest feel like they are welcome and at home and I am so glad that team looked after you. You are right, they do work very hard, so thank you for noticing.

I hope that if you decide to come back to Belfast, that you make the Park Avenue your hotel of choice.

Reviewed June 13, 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel last minute, and from the website it looked incredibly good value for money. The pictures of the rooms on the website looked stunning! However the pictures must be abit old as my room was really dated, wallpaper peeling off the wall, old tired furniture in the room, had a strange smell to the room too.

The bed however, was incredible! The best bed I have ever slept on, ultra comfortable! The sheets were immaculately clean and pressed (you would think this is a given in hotels, but trust me it’s not!)

I do have one major concern, I stayed on the 3rd floor and the window in the room was a large glass window that opened entirely in to the room. If you have children I would be very concerned as its easy accessible with a seating cushion under it (easy to climb on). Equally it’s such a hazard if your incredibly drunk and stumble near the window if it’s open. Please please watch your children near this!!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Good morning and thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel.

If I can firstly address the window, we cannot keep the window locked as it is a fire exit route but I hope you noticed that the window has several ways of opening and locking and we do keep it locked that you can only open on a 'tilt'. If this wasn't the case, then I can only apologise as it is left on 'tilt' as standard but yes, you can open full way if you move the lock options around.

As for the room being dated, I am sorry that you felt this way. The rooms were re-furbished a few years ago and we do try and keep them up-to-scratch and they are designed to exceed customer expectations. That said, we do have an ongoing maintenance programme so I will make sure the rooms on the 3rd floor are re-checked.