“Great food and staff ”

Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Golden Mile
Description: Darcy's of Belfast is a family-run restaurant offering quality traditional food made with the most local of ingredients. We are situated in the heart of Belfast and our classic, traditional interior is as characteristic of the city as you will find anywhere else. Our reputation speaks for itself - the finest produce from local farmers and suppliers, prepared with traditional cooking methods to make sure every meal is an experience to remember. As Belfast as it gets.
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Excellent food. Steak special was superb and if room, has to be apple pie. Gabby and Veronika were fantastic. Attentive with a smile

Reviewed 15 September 2017

We discovered Darcy's on the first night of our three night stay in Belfast, what a gem the food was tasty and filling you really do get a plate full. The staff were so helpful and friendly, prices were good and if you order before 7pm you can get some dishes for £7.77. We enjoyed the meals and the atmosphere so much that we went back the next two nights as well. The deserts were gorgeous and all home made. A lot of the dishes on the menu were traditional irish meals they were delicious. The staff were so helpful they let my husband have the Irish ham without the parsley sauce. If you like chips they serve fat chips which are so naughty but nice. Thank you Darcy's for making our stay in Belfast so enjoyable, when we come back to Belfast we will return.

1  Thank chris735764
Reviewed 15 September 2017

We usually eat here quite regularly, particularly on a Saturday. The food is always excellent and the staff are friendly and helpful.

However, we had booked a table for four on 2nd September for 6.30. We arrived and we're kept standing for 45 minutes waiting to be seated. Not sure what went wrong that evening but there were a couple of new faces doing the seating so maybe they weren't as proficient as the ever reliable Gabby and Amy.

We will be back tomorrow so hopefully they will be back to their normal excellence.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Ate here this evening and I was very disappointed! My partner and I arrived just before 6.55pm and were quickly given a table upstairs. The lady who served us had given us menus that did not include the £7.77 specials, which they advertise as doing on their website before 7pm (no exclusions regarding this that I could find). When it came to taking our order I asked why we weren't given the other menu and I was told it stops at 6.50pm as the system changes over at this time! I explained we were there before 7pm but she wasn't interested. I think this is ridiculous as it is very easy to over ride a system as I've done it myself when working in this industry. The staff were pleasant and starters were lovely (mains not great). I didn't get to sample any desserts as we had only taken £50 with us, and given we didnt receive the menu that's advertised online, we didn't have sufficient funds. I have eaten here at least 5 times in the past, but I definitely would not go back!

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Our first plan for dinner wasn't available so we were pleased that we were able to walk in and get a table. The place is cozy and the servers friendly. Something for everyone on the menu with specials posted on boards around the place.

Our beverages were good, food was cooked well and tasty (large portions), prices reasonable. We ordered the roast beef special, the stuffed chicken and the ham steaks. Only recommendation we can offer the chef is 1) roasted potatoes served with mashed potatoes is a lot of potatoes, 2) mashed potatoes and mashed (puréed) carrots is a lot of "mashed" on a plate. The gravy is awesome and the sauce used on the ham was amazing. For dessert we had the brownie special, the apple pie special and the sticky toffee....worth every calorie, esp the brownie.

Give this place a visit, you'll leave with full bellies.