1,187 results
All reviews swimming pool pizza express leisure facilities city centre steam room the sofa bed on arrival executive room family room hotel is in a great location reception staff bars and restaurants top class weekend break checking out saturday night gym
Reviewed November 7, 2016 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night in November with my wife and 1 year old daughter. Asked for a cot at time of booking. Was not in the room when we arrived. Rang front desk and said they would send it up straight away. 3 hours later no sign of it. Took 20 mins to get through to front desk again. Was there when we got back from swimming pool. The swimming pool area is fine. The men's locker room area was poor. Wet/dirty towels everywhere and no lockers available. As a city centre hotel you can't expect free parking. The multi storey behind it was fine and discounted rate of £9 was fair enough. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast was average. Still thought it was a decent hotel in a handy location. The staff were friendly also. Would return.

Trip type: Travelled with family
DGilvary, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2016

Thank you for your recent review. We were very pleased to read you enjoyed the hotel overall and appreciate your contructive feedback.

Thanks again for providing your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed November 6, 2016 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel in summer 2015 and had a bad experience. We have just left Belfast after a lovely weekend and I am pleased to say that the Clayton Hotel has improved a lot since our last visit. The staff were very friendly and helpful (a special mention to Neil on reception who was wonderful). Our room was comfortable and the breakfast was good. The hotel is very conveniently located being only a short walk to the city centre and there are lots of lovely restaurants and bars close by. We would stay at this hotel again and would recommend it to others.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent trip advisor review. We were pleased that you enjoyed the accommodation, facilities and hospitality you experienced from Neil on your return stay.

Thanks again for providing your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed November 6, 2016

The best things are the reception staff, the location and the breakfast. We asked for a quiet room and were given one over a quiet courtyard. The bedroom was fine, a decent size and clean; very good shower in the bathroom. No safety deposit box in the rooms though. You can walk to the city centre in less than 5 minutes and to the Titanic Museum in 20/25 minutes. Overall, a good experience here.

Room tip: We were 6th floor over a courtyard.
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at Clayton Belfast. I am pleased you had a great stay with us and appreciate your constructive feedback.

Look forward to welcoming you back again soon,

Regards,

Reviewed November 5, 2016

When we arrived in belfast we found the hotel but couldn't find the car park ,which was behind the hotel but when we finally found the hotel we checked in and got in to our room ,got changed and had a drink in the bar and we booked a table for me and my wife and our little girl.wneni approached the girl on the desk in the restaurant she said 30mins to wait for a table when 30 mins was upshe came over to take us to our table ..the manager took our order i took the tomato and basil soup my wife took deep fried mushroom and my little girl had the chicken goujons .when the starters came the mushrooms was a bit small so they cleared the starters and couple of minutes the main course came i had seabass and my wife ordered piri piri chicken when it came the portion was good i enjoyed the seabass so we finished we then had sweets ordered by this time my girl eat all her dinner and she ordered the brownie i ordered pannacotta andmy wife ordered ice cream sundae (i notice that there was a spelling mistake on the menu it said sunday) i thought the restaurant was under staff and rushing round they even bought my girls wrong dessert they brought us ice cream sundae but we had to change the dessert to a brownie the chef needs to inprove the dessert menu .next morning we woke up early went down for breakfast the restaurant had been hit with a bomb dirty plates everywhere the staff was rushing around clearing up they ran out of milk had to wait at the door to be seated and there was not much on the cold buffet and i never had sausages withmy breakfast and not much muffins left but overall very good but i was amazed bout the gents toilets probably the nicest toilets i have ever seen .

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a top rated review for Clayton Belfast.

It is always a pleasure to have our guests share their experiences with rest of the world.

A very warm welcome awaits you on your next stay.

Kind regards,
Damian

Reviewed November 4, 2016 via mobile

I stayed 2 nights in a standard double room. The bed / mattress was in a very poor condition. When I complained I was told that all mattresses were the same so there was no point in moving me to another room. A porter came and put a mattress protector under the sheet which did not have any impact. I requested an additional sheet and mattress and slept on the floor instead.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank BryanCorridan

Thank you for taking the time to review Clayton Hotel Belfast.

I am disappointed that you have been left with such a poor impression of our hotel. Our aim is to create an outstanding experience at the Clayton Belfast and our guest feedback is very important to us.

If we had had been aware of your requests prior to arrival we would have ensured your stay was your way and would ask to contact me directly - dgilvary@claytonhotels.com should you be returning to the City and I will ensure a marked improvement is noted.