“Safe Curry House”

Ranked #5 of 1,211 Restaurants in Belfast
Price range: US$8 - US$19
Cuisines: Nepalese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Kathmandu is a New restaurant in Belfast offers Nepalese and Indian food. The Kathmandu Kitchen would be an inspiring ethnic restaurant, would offers a unique dining experience combining an intriguing atmosphere with excellent, healthy Nepalese food and excellent services in Belfast.
Reviewed February 18, 2018

We came here on a Friday night without a booking. They were busy and service was okay. On the house poppadoms should always be a thing so it started off well. The starters was like a curry which wasn't really what we were hoping for still tasted nice. Mains were good and nan tasted fresh. Slightly sweet sauce but no complaints. As a nice extra they gave some prosecco not what sure for but it was nice extra. I thought it was pretty expensive compared to others I been but I would go again.

1  Thank AMystry20

Reviewed February 15, 2018

Went here on the basis of previous recommendations so hoping for a good meal. It was Tuesday evening so not very busy and the service was really good. Food is on the pricey side for what is essentially a curry restaurant, but free poppadoms and dips to start meant we only needed a main course. Ample choice and the best veggie curries we've ever had - a far cry from the slop with soggy veg you sometimes get. Complimentary sambuca was the icing on the cake! will return next time we're in Belfast.

2  Thank I6024ZEandys
Reviewed February 14, 2018 via mobile

Planning a big meal later in month. Called in to try the Nepalese of Belfast.
Asked for recommendations.
Hmmmmm........no. Didnt work for me. Starter and curry with nan, no rice. £22.
No, wont be partying there.
But please try for yourself.

4  Thank william m
Reviewed February 14, 2018 via mobile

What an absolutely brilliant Valentine's meal and experience. This is our second visit and it was every bit as impressive. The service is great, the staff know the dishes and are able to explain them well and make suggestions. We had 3 courses the mains of which I've attached a photo. Everything was delicious and the portion sizes are very generous. We were given complimentary drinks at the end of our meal and in the spirit of Valentine's they presented me with a single red rose. Very reasonable prices for the food and service. Definitely a must for food lovers :-)

4  Thank Aoife W
Reviewed February 12, 2018

We went for my husbands birthday. I don't have to say anything more than 5 stars!!!!,That says it all. Thank you for a great night.

3  Thank Malbec57