“Cash Only Restaurant”

Ranked #157 of 1,211 Restaurants in Belfast
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 16, 2017 via mobile

For 6 months this place has had a sign saying their card machine is broken. Had to walk in lashing rain to the end of the road to get cash to pay my bill - I wasn't the only customer unhappy about it.

Reviewed September 11, 2017 via mobile

I can across No 36 by accident during a long walk. I stopped off for lunch and can honestly say I will be back. Great service and the food was delicious. Set in the heart of East Belfast on the main Belmont Road. Nice lunch and breakfast menu to suit all tastes. Free wifi and only downside is parking quite difficult if driving. Local magazines available to customers also.

Reviewed September 8, 2017

Called in for breakfast. Ordered french toast, it was raw and soggy. My husband had burnt fry. I asked them to take french toast away and bring me ordinary toast.still a disaster the toast was cold and crispy. We arrived in cafe at 11 am food arrived at 1135. I will not be back. They are very expensive.

1  Thank Deborah H
Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

I don't know if there's been a change of ownership/staff,but No 36, whilst still good (& better than many of the competition in the area) has lost a bit of its edge. Food still good but service seems to have slowed to a crawl (& it wasn't crowded).Probably 3.5 stars, but it used to be a consistent 4 star.
Hopefully it was just an off day

Reviewed September 2, 2017 via mobile

We are spoilt for choice on the Belmont Road for good coffee shops and places for breakfast & lunch but you'd go far to get better than No 36
Great food and very friendly staff but get in early as it's quite small and fills up fast
Flat white and French Toast to die for