All reviews city centre private bathroom triple room train station short stay cooked breakfast street parking minute walk tea coffee making facilities small room queens university family room ulster fry breakfast was included one night stay ulster museum bars and restaurants
Reviewed April 1, 2018

Booked to stay here on St Patricks Day. Arrived and receptionist was very pleasant. Got to the room and there must have been a party next door ...we heard everything and smelt everything they were smoking too!!
Room was shabby with leak marks on the ceiling with smoke detector half destroyed.
Returned to reception and refused to stay. Full refund given thankfully.

Room tip: Just avoid the place. For a small amount more you can stay in the better hotels in Belfast.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Gareth M
Reviewed March 24, 2018

I was at the Botanic Rest and we had a very great time. Our room was clean and very pleasant. The breakfast is included with the room, there was a great choice and it was very tasty. The staff members have been extremely helpful and friendly. They gave us great tips about the places to visit.
Besides, the bnb is in a great location, just a short walk from the Queen's University and the Botanic Gardens, and also very close to the city centre. In the area there are a lot of pubs and restaurants. I highly recommend to come here for your trip to Belfast.

1  Thank 1995giulia
Reviewed March 23, 2018 via mobile

My stay on the Botanic Rest was great. Our room was clean and comfortable and the breakfast was delicious. Also, the hostel it's located near the city centre close to a lot of restaurants.
Very good staff members!

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2018 via mobile

Usually when breakfast is "included" in room pricing you receive toast and cereal but here there is an actual menu. And it was good!
I've been to Belfast once before and wasn't able to see the attractions so when I arrived here I made sure to ask reception ALL questions related to what to do and they were beyond helpful. They set me up on a tour right away the same day I came in.
The room I had had its own private bathroom and when I couldn't figure out how to operate the radiator (the room was a little warm for my taste) the man at reception came up immediately and showed me how to adjust it to my liking.
Also the location is great! Close enough to city centre and Queens University!

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed March 16, 2018

Everything was slightly too broken - the door of the shower was coming off the hinges, the toilet seat didn't stay still (and moved when you were sitting on it), the tiles in the bathroom were broken and cracked, and the fire alarm was ripped out of the ceiling. I'm not kidding. In addition to this, the room we were put it was basically didn't have windows that allowed you to see the outside, there were water stains on the ceiling, and you could hear anytime anyone went up and down the stairs/talking in the hallways. It was a yeesh, to say the least. On the plus side, they did offer breakfast, which was nice. The b&b is located next to the Botanic Train Station and is in a nice area, which is about the only plus side.

• Trip type: Travelled with family