Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast
PremierInn.com
US$100
Hotwire.com
1,676 results
All reviewsa business class roombusiness parkcity centrenespresso machinejunior suitenice hotelmini barbar foodquiet locationwithin walking distancestandard roomreception staffweekend breakmin walkstayed here for one nightcar parklovely room
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We are just wrapping up a 5-night stay here, and will be checking out tomorrow. There were ups and downs throughout our stay, so try and hang on for the ride. ;-)

This hotel is striking with its ultra-modern decor (which I love!) and "out of the way" feel, despite being in the city.

There is an excellent bar ("The Gasworks") and authentic Italian restaurant ("Filini") which I've reviewed separately - but they deserve mentioning here as well.

The Radisson Blu earned big points with us right out of the gate for allowing us to check in quite early. We had traveled all night and were exhausted. The room was clean and carried on the modern decor. Also of note were windows that could actually open for fresh air. The heated floor in the bathroom was a welcomed touch on chilly mornings. We had a room with 2 twin beds, but each bed had only 1 pillow, and the closet held only 1 spare. You may want to ask for extras if you are used to propping up. There was a large desk, and enough electric outlets that we didn't have to unplug lamps in order to charge our netbooks.

Despite there clearly being 2 guests staying in the room (the aforementioned twin beds having been slept in, for starters), on the second day the housekeeper left us with only 1 bath towel, 2 hand towels, and 0 washcloths. Also, the coffee area had not been refreshed. This was the only day with sub-par housekeeping, however, so I will chalk it up to an isolated instance.

The rest of the staff was hit-or-miss. We had some encounters with front desk folks who couldn't have been less helpful. Here's an actual example of a call to the front desk:

"Could you tell me where the nearest bus stop is?"
"Where do you want to go?"
"I think up to the shopping areas near the Queens Bridge."
"Well that's within walking distance - you don't need a bus."
"But what if I don't -want- to walk it?" (What if I were disabled???)
"Well I don't know.... I don't take buses."
Thud.

But there were two people who stood head and shoulders above the rest to bring my rating up to a "4". A night manager named Ian, and a desk clerk named Lauren. Two customer service geniuses who knew exactly how to take a negative situation and turn it into an opportunity. Others could learn from them. When a problem sprang up with the room (nothing major - just a network problem that prevented the TV from receiving any movies), Ian went way out of his way to try and get the system working again. I appreciated all his efforts, and he was so kind and apologetic that he couldn't get it fixed. I know how technology can be, so I was willing to roll with it. But he insisted on comping our movie packages for ALL the nights of our stay. While it wasn't necessary, it was a simple gesture that went a long way toward making me feel valued. Most importantly, I didn't have to ask for it.

When the system still couldn't be fixed the next day, Lauren not only went out of her way to arrange other amenities for us, she even offered to send some nightcap drinks up for us. How sweet was that? Again, unnecessary - but it let me know that she valued me as a guest. Another simple but thoughtful gesture that made a huge impression.

The rest of the stay was uneventful, as the area around the hotel is fairly peaceful. It's a matter of yards to the lovely River Walk. And one block in the other direction to a major city street. The hotel can be seen from 2 train stations - one of them being the key Belfast Central Station which you can reach by strolling down the River Walk a mile or so.

I highly recommend checking out the Victoria Square shopping centre - especially on a Sunday for the "Sunday Fayre" tables. It's about a 20 minute walk, or a brief taxi ride. (I hear there are no buses. *wink)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Went here last year for a break. Really really good food, the breakfast is too die for! The staff were lovely and very helpful they recommended this particular driver to give us a history tour around Belfast and it made the trip!

The dinner was brilliant I had a pizza one night It was prawn and rocket and genuinely one of the nicest pizza's I have had! Will be coming here again!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
JanHanak, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2012

Thank you very much for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. I'm really glad you've liked our breakfast, but also enjoyed the food in our Filini restaurant in the evenings. The black cab tours are brilliant - I took one after moving to Belfast three years ago and it was quite an experience! This year there is many more attractions opening - especially the Titanic Exhibition will be one not to be missed.
Hope to see you back soon & kind regards,

Reviewed 21 March 2012

Stayed here for one night to see a concert.
The Hotel was clean with friendly service, although you do have to pay to park a car.
The hotel bar stays open late for residents even after it has closed.

The room was large and spacious with a great view over Belfast.

By far the best part of my stay was the buffet all you can eat breakfast. They had everything from hot cooked breakfast to cereals to yoghert to cold meat to chocolate muffins!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your fantastic review - I'm really delighted you've enjoyed your stay and had a great experience with our hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back!
Best wishes,

Reviewed 19 March 2012

Just home after staying there for 2 nights, room itself was very spacious, no problems there what so ever, also very comfortable, had a few issues with the key card each time I tried to enter the room so had to return to reception a few times!!
Breakfast was very good, nice choice and staff were all very nice.
Bar prices are quiet steep - you also need to learn how to make a mojito?? main part of it is the mint...you need mint!! even I know that!
Parking is free which is a bonus..
All in all - average!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
JanHanak, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2012

Thank you for your review - it’s great that you liked our rooms and found them spacious and comfortable. I’m sorry about the trouble with the key card – these usually work fine, I do apologize for the inconvenience, sometimes the magnetic strip can be affected by a mobile phone, etc – or mechanically damaged. It’s good to see though that your interaction with our staff left a good impression too.
I can only agree with your mojito comment – it is a straight forward drink with lots of mint in there and I’ll follow up on that with my bar team.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 17 March 2012

Rooms were great and spacious, interesting decorating themes, close to train station, Room Service pizza is not very good after restaurant closes- within walking distance to many clubs and restaurants, in the "hip" part of town apparently

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank anonymousor

I'm really happy you liked the rooms and style of the hotel - thank you very much for your review. Belfast is a really good place to be at on the weekends - with lots of going on. It will now get even better with Titanic Exhibition opening in April and lots of other events scheduled for this year. I hope to see you with us again - I'm sorry the pizza was not as great for you, please let us know how you like it the next time you are in Belfast and I can assure you we will do our best to get it right for you.
Best wishes,