“Good Value”

GreenLeadersGold level
London
“Good Value”
Reviewed 10 May 2012

Well appointed 4* hotel. Rooms were of a high standard. Unlike others I had a good nights sleep every one of my three nights. Bar service was good and drink choices acceptable.

Hotel is situated in quiet area of town and is about 10 minutes walk from city hall. Ubiquitous Wetherspoons is less than 5 minutes walk and is the nearest pub I found.

I would be more than happy to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
JanHanak, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
I was really happy about your review - thank you for sharing it with other travellers on Tripadvisor and hope to see you in our hotel again soon.
Jan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 7 May 2012

my boyfriend and I stayed here for one night, first impression when we walked in was satisfactory, when we arrived at our room and saw the bed we were disappointed/ very small and extremily uncomfortable. woke up a few times with back and neck pain.......the bathroom looked nice however when i had a shower the soap holder fell on top of me and the tap was broken. this hotel was not cheap and our overall visit was very dissapointing.

Will not be returning to this hotel in the future and i would NOT recommend it...

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
JanHanak, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Thank you very much for your review. I am really sorry you didn't like our beds - usually the comments are very good and all beds are in queen or king size (UK double or king) and we never had a negative comment on the size or comfort, but at the same time I fully appreciate all guests prefer different softness and size of the bed, we also have mattresse softners available. Although all rooms are checked by housekeepers and preventive maintanance programme is in place - If you would not mind to contact me directly and give me the room number you have stayed I would of course make sure all is fixed straigh away (hopefully it's been done already, but it's always better to check) - my address is Jan.Hanak@radissonblu.com
If you would like to give us another chance in the future, please let me know as well, as we have range of room types available from standard to suites with larger bathrooms and additional amenities.
Yours sincerely,
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We recently stayed here for two nights. We paid for 2 adults and a child. Note child not baby. We expected as you would from a leading brand hotel a family room. When we arrived we had been given a double bed and a travel cot shoved against the wall. My daughter is five, when I googled the travel cot the maximum age this is suitable for is 3. Needless to stay she did not sleep in it. Due to our late arrival we let her sleep in the double bed with us. The next morning we had to be straight out due to pre arranged travel arrangements so we couldn't address this with the reception, the Saturday night we ended up staying at a friends house who had a spare room as we just didn't want to go back to pack all our stuff yet again for the sake of one night when the three of us were so tired from a bad nights sleep before. In the end we only used the room for one uncomfortable night instead of the two we paid for. Location, cleanliness cannot be faulted but health and safety and value for money are questionable I'm afraid.

• Stayed April 2012
JanHanak, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
I'm very sorry to see you left our hotel not 100% satisfied and I am sorry for that.
You have booked an advance purchase rate, which is a great value at 20% discount on our best available rate for a standard room with two adults and a child through our website. Family rooms were also available at the time of the booking, but you have chosen to book a standard room. Unfortunately we cannot provide upgrade to higher category of the room automaticaly as family rooms are very popular over the weekends, the booking instructions are also very clear with advance purchase rate, saying that bed type (i.e. twin, queen) and room type are asigned on arrival, based on availability and cannot be guaranteed, We also informed your agent about this when receiving an email afterwards (as the hotel was really busy during your stay), but confirmed your late check out and other requests in the email.
I am sorry you didn't let us know about the cot in the room - we would change it for a roll away bed straight away, children stay free in existing bedding and rollaway bed is charged at GBP 20 per night.
Health & Safety of our guests is our top priority and I can assure you hotel works closely with 3rd party Enviromental health advisors to ensure it's maximised at all times.
If you come to Belfast again, please drop me an email beforehand and I'll make sure all is arranged for you.
Reviewed 30 April 2012 via mobile

A very nice hotel in a good location. Staff were friendly and food was satisfactory for the price. The main issue I had was the hotel had deliveries in the middle of the night meaning waking up to lorries backing up and cages full of food being dragged across the ground outside my widow. 2 of my colleagues were on a higher floor and were kept awake by loose panel rattling all night. Bed had hairs in it when inspecting the room.

Stayed April 2012
JanHanak, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
I'm really sorry you didn't sleep well whilst staying with us, I can sincerely assure you that this is the first time I had a negative note about deliveries - as far as I know all is being delivered from early morning, as both the delivery companies and the hotel wouldn't have staff around to take / deliver goods. I will certainly follow up on that straight away - as it must have been one off and will find out with the chef what happened there. I'm happy that you liked our staff and the food in our place and hope to see you in our hotel again. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you stay with us again, I will do maximum to make sure you have a good night sleep with us.
Best wishes,
Scotland
Reviewed 29 April 2012 via mobile

Great rooms and a good restaurant though I think you have to ask for the bar menu in the restaurant.

The location was nice & quiet, a good place for jogging & cycling.

A few minutes to the city centre & Odyssey arena & Titanic Belfast.

Staff were superb, very helpful. No wee job was too much for them.

• Stayed April 2012
Thank you very much for your nice review. It's great to see that you have had a nice experience with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.
Dublin
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I stayed here on business with 3 colleagues and we found the hotel had no atmosphere whatsoever. The location is fine, close to the train station and city centre. We ate a late supper at the bar which was ok, nothing special about it, but it filled a gap. The breakfast was expensive and not worth the price for the quality.

The room was fine, and the bed was comfortable and I had nice view of some water which was pleasant. The paintwork in the bathroom was filthy and really could have done with a good wash. There are lots of better hotels in Belfast and I would not pick this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Thank you very much for sharing your review of our hotel. I’m sorry to see that we wouldn’t be your preferred choice hotel in Belfast, but understand that the contemporary style of the hotel might not be liked as much by all our guests. I understand the initial charge for breakfast might look high compared to some other places in the city, however I believe it is good value for money as the buffet offers plenty options of booth cold and cooked meals and we can of course offer different types of coffees/teas or eggs made to order. There is also an option to have a smaller breakfast in the bar and order just some items individually. If you would like to give us another try, please let me know and I’ll be pleased to look after your booking.
Omagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed at the Radisson Blu for one night in April when going to a concert at The Waterfront. We had a great stay and actually wished we had booked an extra night. The hotel is in a quiet area in the Gasworks district but only a short walk to the bars, restaurants and The Waterfront. Or if running late less that £5 in a taxi to The Waterfront. The rooms were roomy, very clean, good sized bathroom and good shower. It had air con, and all the usual facilities, hairdryer, iron and board, fridge, mini-bar, tae, coffee etc etc. Also liked that there was an ice machine on every floor. There is an average priced restaurant but also a pretty good bar menu and I would definitely recommend the pizza; lovely. Staff were very friendly and helpful and the car park was free but I think free parking is weekend only. As for breakfast, it was great. Self-service, plenty of choice, tasty and served until 11am unlike most other hotels that finish at 10am denying my chances of a lie-in. All in all, a great, spacious, comfy and very friendly hotel. Well recommended.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Chipper99
Thank you very much for sharing your review of our hotel on Tripadvisor. I'm really delighted that we ticked all boxes for you, you have had a great stay and would stay even longer if possible. We have now launched our stay and save offers for the summer season - where you can save 10% when staying longer than two or three nights (depending if weekend or midweek), or you can also avail our early booking offer with 20% discount on full rate.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon.