“Very good Indian food”

India Gate
Ranked #9 of 1,129 Restaurants in Belfast
Price range: US$15 - US$21
Reviewed 14 August 2017

I was working in Belfast for the week and found this restaurant on the first night. The staff were very freindly and welcoming with a nice ambiance. There were many dishes on the menu I had not heard of. I ordered a mild and delicately spiced chicken dish which was very tasty. The service was very welcoming. After paying for the bill I was offered a complimentary drink. I returned the next few night trying different dishes with a Nepalese taste to them that I have never had before. Each dish was superb and all different in taste..

1  Thank TravelSal66

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Food was great, service was good, used Groupon voucher it was very good value. However the poppadoms placed on the table, were charged extra.

1  Thank Debbie J
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Worst Indian I've ever had. Tasted like it was made a month ago. Never be back I took one bite and got up and left it was that bad. Go to ni deli down the street. It's the best I've had.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Once again many thanks for a lovely meal. We have visited numerous times and have always been very happy with the variety, ambience, value and excellent service. The bug bonus is that India Gate always do Groupon vouchers. Until next time.

1  Thank Stevie3333
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Got a Groupon voucher for present and decided to go last minute on a Friday. Having used Groupon vouchers for restaurants before we were not expecting large portions and really attentive staff but that is exactly what we got at India Gate! We arrived earlier than expected but it was not a problem. The service was great, the restaurant was spotless and the toilets were exceptionally clean. The food was delicious and the meal was topped of by a complimentary shot of zambucci! We will definitely be back, highly recommended.

1  Thank Janine D