“Amazing pet friendly bed and breakfast, great food and staff couldn't do enough!”
Review of The Fullerton Arms

The Fullerton Arms
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ballycastle
Reviewed 21 September 2017

I booked mainly because it was pet friendly and also it wasn't too far for my two dogs to travel in the car. From the minute I arrived I was made to feel very welcome with my dogs and the staff were amazing offering a bowl of water and a treat for them. The food was delicious and very reasonable and of course a big hit with me was that I could eat in the bar and have the dogs with me. There were plenty of beaches and walks within a short distance and lots of interesting sights. Signal on phone and wifi wasn't good but to be honest I was able to relax more! My room wasn't in the main B&B and I would have preferred it to have been. Definitely worth a visit if you have dogs and the highlight for my two ... a few sausages on the last morning at breakfast!

Room Tip: Main Building a definite must to stay in if you are solo!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Sg6417306

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

We called in here just after visiting the famous Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge. For such a busy little restaurant, we were able to be seated, right beside the games of thrones 'throne' and costume. This proved popular with everyone there. The food came really quickly, and was great. The most popular were the pies, which looked great, and were complimented by everyone. Service was good, welcoming. There was a car park at the back, which I didn't realise. Don't forget to check the front door of the bar, which is 'door number 6 of 10', carved from the local dark hedges trees, featured in game of thrones. Good Bushmills whiskey selection on the menu too, if that's your thing. Your only 5 mins from various attractions, Ballintoy Harbour, Giants Causeway etc. It's a popular place for coach parties to stop at, so at times it could be busy. Nice spot.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2017

In Ireland for a holiday travelling the coastal route and stumbled across The Fullerton Arms, where we decided to have a drink and our evening meal. The pl;ace was already busy which is a good sign but we were quickly shown a table. The meals we ordered were the best I have ever tasted, indeed this was by far the best meal of the whole holiday. Good prices that most families can afford. Pleasant atmosphere, polite and professional bar and waiting staff. I can highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2017

The room was good size, shower, no tub. No lift, but we were on the first floor (second floor in U.S. thinking) Lighting was adequate. View facing the sea. However, there was absolutely no WIFI reception. I didn't know how much I would miss that until it's not available at all.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2017

Lovely place to stay-- super comfortable, quiet (came during a low season), great view (we had a room facing the sea towards), excellent breakfast options, and really courteous staff. Also, felt very safe!
We needed to be out early in the morning for some sunrise photography and we asked one of the employees if we'd have any trouble getting in and out in the wee hours--
we were informed that there's a night watch staff person in the evenings until the regular staff arrive and he was able to let us in and out.

Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for a night with 3 children our room was in an annex in the car park. The garage was next to our ground floor room with staff constantly walking in front of the window that had no blinds or net. The room was clean but smelt of wet dog! The mattress in the double bed was awful. On a positive note the bar itself and the breakfast was lovely.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2017

My family and I had a fantastic meal at the Fullerton Arms. Great atmosphere and the staff where friendly and attentive. We had the Game Of Thrones room to ourselves and the kids loved the quirkiness of the throne of swords. Our meal was delicious, my 8yo is a fussy eater and loved his fish, his strawberry cheesecake was so good he refused to share even a small bite. I live in London and visit family in Portrush often. I'll definitely travel the extra few miles to Ballintoy to visit the Fullerton Arms again. Thanks to the team for a lovely evening

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballycastle
8.2 km away
Bayview Hotel
#1 of 1 in Portballintrae
23.7 km away
Premier Inn Coleraine Hotel

Been to The Fullerton Arms? Share your experiences!