All reviews leisure facilities busy hotel good size reception area single bed buffet style saturday night large hotel armagh city sunday carvery ample parking pleasant stay salmon fried eggs steak weekend break bar restaurant
Reviewed March 12, 2018

Great service, good standard of décor and general upkeep. We had an excellent room at the back, breakfast very good with attentive staff and a wide range of breakfast options. Couldn't fault it really.

Room Tip: Exec rooms at back have large balconies and seem to be away from busy areas of hotel
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2018

The City Hotel was busy in Reception and in the Bar but got a table right away. Although there was plenty going on the Hotel was relaxed and enjoyable, and service was very good.
Enjoyed Roast of the Day, Beef, served with a side of a range of Veg, and it was very tasty.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed March 7, 2018

From the minute we arrived the Armagh Hotel was everything and more that we had hoped for. Check in was painless and we were met by a friendly efficient Receptionist. When we got to our room we were very pleased by the size facilities and views from our hotel balcony. Once we settled in we made our way down to the bar for a few pre dinner drinks. We were then shown to our table by a waitress who looked after all our wishes Starters were awesome and the main dishes were the best we have tasted in a long time. Time for one last drink when we headed up to our room and as soon as our heads hit the pillow we were out for the count. Time to wake up for breakfast which again was just what we needed. The Staff were great and the hotel was everything we had heard it was going to be Can't wait to go back10/10

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank philipw94
Reviewed March 6, 2018 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying at the Armagh City Hotel for 2 nights, during the build up to my stay I had the pleasure of working very closely with Yvonne and Garrett who where fantastic from start to finish, I don’t want to take anything away from any of the other staff who where all very friendly and professional but Yvonne and Garrett where outstanding. Our food, the conference facility, the staff and the accommodation where all 5*. Nothing was a bother to anyone who we asked help off, I cannot rate this hotel highly enough and it deserves to be more than a 3* because we all received 5* service from all the staff.

Again thank you all for making us feel very welcome and looking after us in warm and professional manner.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank joannevirtue
Reviewed March 4, 2018

This is a nice hotel with very pleasant staff that make me look forward to come back again next time.
My stay was a busy business trip so cant comment on the leisure facilities as I had no time to try out.
Large car park and reception area.
The rooms are good size and clean, mine had a very large bed and a single, television, desk and tea and coffee.
Good bathroom and decent shower in the bath.
I stayed in room 109 and did mention that the water pipe pumps were noisy and needed reviewing.
I met with a colleague for evening meal and it was enjoyable and there is plenty room with the tables placed around the large bar. Food was good, better than pub food and large portions, especially the starter.
Breakfast is help your self and a good start for a very cold morning.

I am looking forward to coming back

Room Tip: Don't have room 109
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business