All reviewscentral locationsteakfamily run hotelveggie breakfastbar foodpub grubrestaurant downstairslovely feelcomfortable bedmiddle of townfamily groupincluded breakfastgood sizefood was lovelydining roomlast weekendno hesitation in recommending
Reviewed May 8, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here recently on business. Once I found the car park I was booked in and up to my room. Hotel is nice enough if a bit dark and dated. Room was a good size as was the bathroom. The room was also slightly dated with marked furniture although clean with a comfortable bed. The bedroom window was very dirty on the outside.
Saying this, the staff were helpful and pleasant. I wouldn't book this for a romantic night with my partner but on business it was ok. WiFi good .
Didn't eat here so cannot comment on the food. But I'm sure it's fine as I saw other people happily eating.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank KevinD3216
Reviewed April 27, 2017

My first visit to Armagh, sadly this hotel didn't match any of my expectations.Beds were substandard with lumpy mattress's. Our room was at the front of the building . The constant deafening noise all night into the early hours of the next morning ensured none of us had any sleep and were exhausted the next day. Breakfast was greasy and not at all varied with little choice for the hot breakfast option. The receptionist was pleasant but that aside, I would not return to, or recommend the Charlemont Arms.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed April 10, 2017

I stayed there last weekend with three friends. Every year we go somewhere different for the Grand National and this year we decided on Armagh and selected the Charlemount for no particular reason other than it was recommended by a friend.

The Hotel like the people of the city were very friendly, polite, engaging and they couldn't do enough for us.
Our room was clean and tidy, the Guinness and beer was well kept and the cooked breakfast fabulous.
I have no hesitation in recommending the Charlemount Hotel to anyone. Really good hotel. Really nice people.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Charlemont, General Manager at Charlemont Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2017

Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to review us.
I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay with us in The Charlemont Arms. Don't be a stranger!

Kind Regartds,

Andrew.

Reviewed April 3, 2017

Stayed here for a single night. The room was very comfortable and spacious with a large en suite. The staff could not be nicer. It is central and convienent for a visit to the city. However the breakfast was a complete let down. It took a good half hour while another guest waited that length and then another 5 minutes for a knife and fork. Two small sausages barely cooked with rashers that were way over cooked. All in all though the breakfast was almost comical our stay was enjoyable at the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2017

I was up In Armagh for work. We held open days there, I cannot recommend this hotel enough. The staff were pleasant, approachable and so helpful. The food was lovely, the rooms were so clean and tidy and the function room was exactly what we needed.

I will be bringing my business back here again!!! It was easy to find and one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business