US$83
US$104
US$98
US$98
US$74
Armagh City Youth Hostel(Armagh)(Great Value!)
US$97
The Ryandale(Dungannon)
US$106
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewscentral locationsteakfriendly staff and great foodbar foodpub grubcomfortable bedrestaurant downstairslovely feelcooked breakfastmiddle of townfamily runfamily groupnice stayincluded breakfastgood sizelast weekendno hesitation in recommending
Reviewed May 29, 2017

I stayed one night for business reasons. Check-in was chaotic although friendly and helpful - but no info offered about WIFI or breakfast, I had to ask. My room was on the third floor, lift not working (as I arrived, so did a busload of Japanese tourists with huge amounts of luggage so they must have been chuffed!). The room was a throwback. Mouldy, dated bathroom (dark hairs in the bath, ugh), no hairdryer, black fingerprints on the ceiling (??) stained furniture, huge TV that only worked sometimes and a weird inter-connecting door which didn't lock so I had to push a chair against the door to feel safe. Bed seemed clean enough. Breakfast was basic but OK. No staff available at check-out so I just left the key card on the desk. Perhaps, as a single traveller, I got the booby prize room. I kind of hope so as I'd hate to think that visitors to Northern Ireland are getting that standard of accommodation. There's a limit to what you can get away with folks, do some cleaning and updating.

Room Tip: Third floor is probably quieter but I would hope that rooms on other floors are of a better standard
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Bluebell H
Reviewed May 8, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here recently on business. Once I found the car park I was booked in and up to my room. Hotel is nice enough if a bit dark and dated. Room was a good size as was the bathroom. The room was also slightly dated with marked furniture although clean with a comfortable bed. The bedroom window was very dirty on the outside.
Saying this, the staff were helpful and pleasant. I wouldn't book this for a romantic night with my partner but on business it was ok. WiFi good .
Didn't eat here so cannot comment on the food. But I'm sure it's fine as I saw other people happily eating.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Kevin D
Reviewed April 27, 2017

My first visit to Armagh, sadly this hotel didn't match any of my expectations.Beds were substandard with lumpy mattress's. Our room was at the front of the building . The constant deafening noise all night into the early hours of the next morning ensured none of us had any sleep and were exhausted the next day. Breakfast was greasy and not at all varied with little choice for the hot breakfast option. The receptionist was pleasant but that aside, I would not return to, or recommend the Charlemont Arms.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed April 10, 2017

I stayed there last weekend with three friends. Every year we go somewhere different for the Grand National and this year we decided on Armagh and selected the Charlemount for no particular reason other than it was recommended by a friend.

The Hotel like the people of the city were very friendly, polite, engaging and they couldn't do enough for us.
Our room was clean and tidy, the Guinness and beer was well kept and the cooked breakfast fabulous.
I have no hesitation in recommending the Charlemount Hotel to anyone. Really good hotel. Really nice people.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Charlemont, General Manager at Charlemont Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2017

Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to review us.
I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay with us in The Charlemont Arms. Don't be a stranger!

Kind Regartds,

Andrew.

Reviewed April 3, 2017

Stayed here for a single night. The room was very comfortable and spacious with a large en suite. The staff could not be nicer. It is central and convienent for a visit to the city. However the breakfast was a complete let down. It took a good half hour while another guest waited that length and then another 5 minutes for a knife and fork. Two small sausages barely cooked with rashers that were way over cooked. All in all though the breakfast was almost comical our stay was enjoyable at the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple