US$80
US$95
US$90
US$98
US$74
Armagh City Youth Hostel(Armagh)(Great Value!)
US$54
7 Houses(Armagh)
US$96
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$109/night.

Charlemont House(Dungannon)
US$97
US$78
The Ryandale(Dungannon)
US$107
Grange Lodge(Dungannon)
US$105
US$80
All reviewscentral locationsteakfamily run hotelveggie breakfastfriendly staff and great foodbar foodpub grubcomfortable bedrestaurant downstairslovely feelmiddle of townfamily groupincluded breakfastnice staygood sizedining roomlast weekend
Reviewed August 8, 2017

I had occasion to stay in the Charlemont on a number of occasions earlier this summer. The staff were exceptionally helpful and the rates were very reasonable. Accommodation was excellent - and the food was absolutely lovely.
Room service was provided at no additional cost - which was an added and very lovely bonus.
I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Amanda K
Reviewed July 21, 2017

I recently stayed in the Charlemont hotel for a 10 day class. The staff was friendly and when I needed something fixed or attended to in my room, pronto, the request was fulfilled. You could not get a better location for exploring the really interesting city of Armagh. I'm 60 - and as long as you can walk for 20 minutes you can get to almost everything that Armagh has to see. From museums, to gardens to churches to coffeeshops - all nearby. And the Charlemont is just across the street practically from the Tourist bureau where I also did a fair amount of last minute shopping. Note to foreign travelers; this hotel is in Ireland. It is not a chain hotel - if that's what you want, then go for it, but this is not that. It was a relief to have the front desk person know my name, to have friendly and helpful staff and good food. Also, the parking lot is off the street behind Lower English Street where you turn in for the bus station.
Relax and chat with staff. All part of the experience!

Room Tip: Ask for what you would like. I e-mailed ahead of my stay asking for a room that did not face the street. But you might want that!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Jo P
Reviewed July 21, 2017 via mobile

Great food here, home style top quality food, service can be slow as everything cooked to order. Great selection of drinks available as well.
Excellent coffee available from the bar.
Friendly staff on hand for whatever you need.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 21, 2017 via mobile

This review is about the food only. My wife and I have stayed here a few times and we recalled that the bar food was fairly ok. So we went here and both of us had battered fish, one with champ (mashed potatoes with spring onions) and one with chips (£8.50).

Both were served with a smear of mushy peas and a small salad. The cod was superb, it was fresh and a good portion with a light crisp batter. The mash was pretty good and while the chips were ok I suspect they are pre made and bought in. Really home made would have added a star.

We had beer and a sparkling water. The service was ace and we had comfy seating. It's important to remember the price here as it's good value; I've been charged as much and sometimes more in a takeaway. Another tip; battered cod and chips with fino sherry is amazing. Try it sometime.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Newryoneisback
Charlemont, Owner at Charlemont Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review the food for us, we are pleased that you were happy with the food, sorry to hear that you thought your chips are bought in , we serve only chips that we have prepared ourselves. This is what most of our customers pass comment on the fact we do our own.
We thank you again and hope that you will come back again to sample our home cooking.

Reviewed May 29, 2017

I stayed one night for business reasons. Check-in was chaotic although friendly and helpful - but no info offered about WIFI or breakfast, I had to ask. My room was on the third floor, lift not working (as I arrived, so did a busload of Japanese tourists with huge amounts of luggage so they must have been chuffed!). The room was a throwback. Mouldy, dated bathroom (dark hairs in the bath, ugh), no hairdryer, black fingerprints on the ceiling (??) stained furniture, huge TV that only worked sometimes and a weird inter-connecting door which didn't lock so I had to push a chair against the door to feel safe. Bed seemed clean enough. Breakfast was basic but OK. No staff available at check-out so I just left the key card on the desk. Perhaps, as a single traveller, I got the booby prize room. I kind of hope so as I'd hate to think that visitors to Northern Ireland are getting that standard of accommodation. There's a limit to what you can get away with folks, do some cleaning and updating.

Room Tip: Third floor is probably quieter but I would hope that rooms on other floors are of a better standard
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo