Beech Hill Country House Hotel
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
City Hotel(Derry)
View Hotel
All reviewsbill clintonduring wwiiwater wheelwalking trailsmaster suitehotel groundssecond world warwalled gardenantique furniturepublic roomslounge barsuperior roomhuge bedrelaxing breakwedding partynorthern irelandboth nights
Reviewed December 30, 2011

My husband and I stayed 2 nights as my Christmas present food and service incredible congratulations to all first class customer service will be back.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Maj085
Reviewed December 23, 2011

i stayed here on the 16th december (last week) and could not belive how the hotel prides it self on awards and famous guests (especially american presidents) it seems they have given up on hospitality and arte scraping the bottom of an old old barrel as regards the lacklustre food and service ,keep away or at least complain and get a voucher off the owner seems to work for many according to the mostly asian staff

Room Tip: our room was large keep away from downstairs rooms as our friend had
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank honestmeals2011
Reviewed December 19, 2011

My partner and I stayed at The Beech Hill Hotel for two nights and had a wonderful time. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the food was fantastic and our room was enormous! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 17, 2011

I organised a girly lunch for the family at the Beech Hill for Christmas lunch as a pre-Christmas treat. Overall there was nothing bad about the experience, but I was left feeling pretty underwhelmed - the table was nicely decorated, but there was no Christmas music to set the atmosphere. I have eaten at the Beech Hill before and I have been totally wowed, but sadly not this time. Food was good, but not great. Unfortunately I found a hair in my starter, which I did not bring to the attention of the staff because I didn't want to ruin dinner for anyone else at the table. Dessert was really good and the staff were very attentive and helpful.

I will be back to the Beech Hill at some point because I have had good experiences there, but I was very disappointed on this occasion.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed November 29, 2011

I've just returned from another wonderful stay in Beech Hill Hotel.

The staff are very welcoming and friendly and go out of their way to help.

Patsy ( the owner) was her usual smiling self and has a friendly word for everyone.

The whole ambience of the hotel is relaxing and one has a great feeling of grandeur staying in such a secluded country estate with the lovely watermill and extensive grounds.

The hotel is only a few miles from the city of Derry but it's in such a peaceful setting.

The restaurant food is excellent and I simply love the beautifully decorated bar/lounge area with the two open fires ( one at each end)

It's a perfect place to sit at the end of a day and sip a glass of wine!

Our room was large and very spacious and extremely comfortable.

I'm already looking forward to my next trip already.

Room Tip: We had one of the garden rooms which are the newest and the largest.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple