“excellent hotel”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Derry
Newry, United Kingdom
“excellent hotel”
Reviewed 31 March 2012

I stayed here on business for one night and I cant recommend it enough. A perfect hotel for the lone traveller, very welcoming , lovely ambience and food supberb, will definitley stay again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Newry_10

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I spent two nights in the Beech Hill Country House with my mother and I can honestly say that I did not have one complaint.
From the moment we arrived, the staff were extremely friendly and informative about both the hotel and Derry itself. We were on a leisure break which meant we had to have our dinner in the hotel both nights but we didn't mind at all. The restaurant is quite small but big enough to accommodate all guests and has a cosy feeling. The food itself was gorgeous on both nights and the home made bread is a bonus. There must have been six different types of fresh bread to be enjoyed along with your starter and main course and it changed both nights.
After dinner on the second night we sat in one of the lounges. They have fires which give it a homely feel and the atmosphere is perfect for a relaxing evening.
The room itself was also very cosy and spacious. There was a single bed and a double, although you could easily have fitted three people into the double. They were also very comfortable allowing for a great nights sleep.

All in all, we loved the hotel and will certainly stay there again if we are visiting the area. It's a credit to Pat, the owner and rightly deserves the praise.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank All-Year-Round
Glasgow
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I have stayed at this wonderful hotel on a number of occasions. So close to the city centre but yet not near the huste and bustle. I would guess it is approx 5 mins from the shops at Lisnagelvin. The staff are fautless, the hotel is amazing and the grounds are stunning. I must also give credit to the kitchen. As a bit of a fussy eater, I sometimes struggle to have waiters and chefs interpret what I would like. No such problem at Beech Hill. I have had rooms in both the new and old quarters and they are all amazing. Free WIFI is a real bonus. Why do some hotels charge for this? Crazy.

Ah, don't forget the hotel cat! The staff lovlngly look after this old moggy. Such good hearted people. Looking forward to my next visit already.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank GlasgowTraveller123
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 11 March 2012

We have just returned from a wonderful overnight stay in Beech Hill Country House Hotel. The whole experience was exceptional. The hotel itself is cosy and welcoming with everything that you could need. The bedroom and bathroom were beautiful in decor and very comfortable. The hotel accommodation is only topped by the service. From the time we arrived the hospitality was exceptional. From the receptionist Brenda to the bar and restaurant staff we couldn't have asked for nicer service. We would like to congratulate you on the way you look after your guests. Claire B

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2012

We are just back from an overnight stay in The Beech Hill House Hotel. We were put in a beautifully appointed new room with all mod cons and a lovely bathroom. We were warmly welcomed to the hotel and given a 'wee' tour. The bar lounge is a beautiful old room which leads into the dining room. We ate in the hotel and were not disappointed.... Breakfast was super and none of us (a party of five) required lunch... best porridge for a long time...thanks!! We'll be back soon I hope as there is lots to see and do in Derry/Londonderry.

Room Tip: There are well appointed rooms in the original part of the hotel so if you want a 'traditional...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Cork
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I attended a wedding in Co.Derry last Friday and opted to stay in Beech Hill-and what a fortuitous choice it turned out to be. My 95 year old mother was with me and my request for adjoining rooms was complied with. We were actually in a new extension which I believe only opened last December so everything was extremely fresh and new. The beds were 6' wide, lovely and high, and on returning from the wedding reception at almost midnight my mother was immediately offered a hot water bottle which I thought was a considerate, personal touch. We enjoyed a lovely buffet breakfast the next morning and I was only sorry we had to leave immediately after it for Dublin. I certainly intend to return with my husband and spend more time there enjoying the lovely lounge, the interesting photos of historical significance,
the grounds and the dining experience. I met a guest after breakfast who was there for the 12th time so I thought that was telling in itself. Well done to all and many thanks.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a room in the main house?
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Belfast
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We had a lovely relaxing stay at the Beech Hill Country House Hotel. The service and food were excellent and we really appreciated the complimentary upgrade to a suite. We had an excellent dinner on the Saturday evening. We hope to be back soon!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple