“Derrys best B&B.”

Nightingale House
Nightingale House
Ranked #22 of 44 Derry B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 November 2011

We have been to stay in Derry on many occasions but this was our first time at Nightingale House. It wont be the last. This B&B is up there with the best Derry has to offer. From the spotlessly clean bathrooms to the feather duvets and pillows, this was home comfort without the work. Isobel is a great hostess and couldnt do enough for her guests. My husband forgot his glasses and she had them in the post and back to us the next day. Weel done Isobel and thanks for an unforgettable stay.

Room Tip: We had the big room at the front. Great view and very comfortable bed.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 November 2011

Our host was wonderful, and made sure everything was perfect for our stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2011

We stayed 2 nights at The Nightingale and we will definitely stay again on our next visit to Derry! The house was fantastic-such style! The bedroom was extremely comfortable and again redolent of Isobel's great taste in interior decor! As for Isobel, what a character! She made us feel so welcome, even supplying a bottle of wine while we chatted and laughed with her- we loved the parrot story!! Breakfast was great and the ambience of this guest house combined with Isobel's warmth and personality made our stay a memorable experience!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank walshec
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Our hostess met us with a large smile and the option of tea and a little something to eat, but we had just had dinner. We sat for a chat and just had the best time, played with her cute dog and just felt at home! Her home is decorated in just such taste, WOW! LA decorators would be jealous! We loved the fireplace that hangs on the wall, might have to go out and get one! Breakfast was delicious, porridge so creamy! With so many toppings to choose from. Her eggs to perfection. I would not hesitate telling anyone to go here! Thank you for a lovely time!

Room Tip: We had the room that said Dream over the bed and Elvis in the bathroom! I am sure they are all lovel...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Holly K
Reviewed 19 October 2011

To be honest I travel a lot but I never write reviews of the places I stay but this B&B made me to write my first review. I never imagine that a B&B could be saw good, I've stayed in many 4star hotel but this far way better then a 4 star hotel, I can not thing of something that I wanted and it wasn't there and this lady that runs the place is a fine example of someone that want's to beat recession and make have an experience you never forget. She is a walking encyclopedia, everything you want to know she all ready for you even some menus from the restaurants.I don't even know were to start from, location beautiful, room spotless, food outstanding, the quality of the house overall is at the highest standard and and the interior design just blew me away, very few times you can see somebody that gives saw much importance to details. Anyway if want to see finest example of B&B this a must for everyone !

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Orlando B
Reviewed 29 September 2011

This is probably the best B&B we have ever stayed in. The whole house is maintained to a very high standard. The room is outstanding in terms of looks, comfort, cleaniless etc. The owner is extremely friendly and very helpful. The range of food available for breakfast is enormous and the cooked breakfast is prepared to a high standard. The B&B has secure parking and is very convenient for Derry. We intend returning for a longer stay next year. (The standard of cleaniless is so high that there is no evidence of dogs having been present).

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ray G
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Everyone talks about the "best" B&B they've stayed in. Well, here's another contender. We booked pretty last minute, leaving our previous place a day early. Isabella greeted us like old friends. Star, the house dog, is a little sweetheart. Nothing was too much trouble for Isabella, nothing fazed her.

Our room was SO beautiful, the bed was the first comfortable one we've been on in Ireland. The bathroom is gorgeous, and so spotless, I've never seen a room so flawlessly clean. We are vegan and whereas most people don't even understand what that is, Isabella had an amazing breakfast set out for us, including a non-dairy (coconut) milk. I was dumbfounded. The breakfast spread was honestly like nothing I've ever seen. The other guests there said the only one they've ever seen that compared to it was at a Four Seasons Hotel. You name it, it was set out there.

The location is just a couple of km north of the city, easy as pie to get to it. And a lovely setting with a view of the Foyle from some rooms.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple