“Unusually good Indian restaurant”
Review of Saffron

Saffron
Ranked #27 of 220 Restaurants in Derry
Cuisines: Indian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: At Saffron we serve authentic Indian food, with a small European Selection available. We have been in the business for over 3 decades and are coeliac friendly and also offer a large Vegetarian selection. We are family friendly and offer a wide range of Mullins ice cream and homemade desserts. We have Live Music at the weekends and are well known for our Cocktails.
Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

I came here and had a very good meal. The spicing was good. I had chicken makhana with Nan and dahl.

Service was a little slow but very happy with the meal

2  Thank jmaclennan

Dear Reviewer

thank you for your 5 star review. I am so glad you enjoyed the flavours of the dishes and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed July 14, 2018

A nice relaxing place to eat, excellent food and drink.
Staff very welcoming and very reasonably priced.
Will defiantly be back.

3  Thank harrym0rr0w

Dear Reviewer

thank you for all of your positive feedback and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

Had the most delicious Indian meal ever at saffron. Both my husband and i had starters and main course which were all delicious. The staff were so pleasant and helpful and the service was excellent. I don’t like too spicy and my husband likes extremely spicy both of which were catered for with no problems at all. Delicious meal in a relaxing tho buzzing atmosphere with excellent service. Thank you saffron!

3  Thank dstewartd73

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your 5 star comments. All of our dishes are made to order and can be altered to suit each individual customers palate. I am glad you enjoyed your Saffron experience and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

Booked table for 6pm ......got main courses at 7:35. Despite the time afforded ...meals came out wrong and one of the meals ( a bog standard lamb bhuna ) was inedible. Staff response " if you don't like it....you don't like it it". The point is, I ordered it because I actually do like lamb bhuna.....but not the bitter tasting sludge that was served here. Derry has a lot of really nice restaurants...try those instead.

5  Thank Magintz

Dear Reviewer

thank you for taking time out to write your review. We pride ourselves on the quality of our authentic Indian dishes and have been in the restaurant business for over 30 years. All dishes can be altered to suit the individual taste and our staff are happy to advise customers - if asked. I hope you will not allow one isolated incident to deter you from visiting us again.

Reviewed June 27, 2018 via mobile

My search for Indian food is Derry landed me here. Tried the Chicken Tikka Masala and Garlic Naan here and didn't like it at all. The gravy was sweet and Naan was extremely thick. The service and ambiance is nice but the food is overpriced and meh. This is not what Indian food tastes like and I don't mean the hot and spicy part. The Indian flavors were just missing.

1  Thank Komal M
SukiNagra, Manager at Saffron, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2018

Dear Reviewer

thank you for your comments both positive and negative. We have been in the restaurant business for over 30 years and pride ourselves on our authentic Indian dishes. Our dishes are all made to order and can be altered to suit the individual customers needs and our staff are more than happy to accommodate. Glad you enjoyed the service and the ambience and hope to see you again, as our staff will be more than happy to help you choose a dish to your liking.