“Loved it”

Saffron
Ranked #28 of 225 Restaurants in Derry
Cuisines: Indian, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: At Saffron we serve authentic Indian food, with a small European Selection available. We have been in the business for over 3 decades and are coeliac friendly and also offer a large Vegetarian selection. We are family friendly and offer a wide range of Mullins ice cream and homemade desserts. We have Live Music at the weekends and are well known for our Cocktails.
Reviewed September 24, 2018

Thought the food and service were great. Only in Derry a week and went twice. Easygoing atmosphere, allowed to linger and chat,

Date of visit: September 2018
3  Thank helenarobinson0
SukiNagra, Manager at Saffron, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2018

Dear Reviewer,

thank you for your 5 star review. I'm glad you enjoyed your experience on both occasions during the week and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

We ate here last night it was very tasty and the menu was well priced. Service was good both waiters were very friendly.
Overall lovely experience.
Will defiantly be back

3  Thank fionad472
SukiNagra, Owner at Saffron, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2018

Dear Reviewer

thank you for your lovely review. All of our team work hard to create a warm and friendly atmosphere and I am glad that you enjoyed your experience.

Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

I have been to Saffron numerous times and had decided to get a takeaway order. The order was phoned in advance and was nearly £50 worth of food. I then travelled to the resteraunts to pick up the order only to be told that my order had been given away to someone else with an order under the same name. Which I find hard to believe as the store had been open for 25 minutes by this stage. As a result the order had to be remade from scratch and I have now been waiting for an hour. Maybe it's time for Clara to be retrained on how to give people the correct order. This is shocking service considering the amount of money that was spent. I advise anyone who wants to visit this establishment to sit in the resteraunt as the takeaway element is completely sub par.

10  Thank Nikki R

Dear Reviewer

thank you for taking time out to write your review. I take your comments on board, both positive and negative. Unfortunately, human error can occur on occasions when customers with similar names place an order, however, this is a very rare occurrence. I hope you will not allow this one incident to deter you from visiting us again.

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

Saffron is the best place in Derry to get very tasty food. They serve the best India food in Derry. Sometimes we would eat in the restaurant and sometimes we get a takeaway. Today we got a takeaway and it was delicious as always. Staff very friendly and service excellent.

2  Thank Frances202

Dear Reviewer

thank you for your lovely 5 star review. We really appreciate your feedback and will keep up the good work.

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

I wouldn't be a massive Indian fan however we tried here for my birthday. My partner had the chicken pakora and I had the shish kebab to start. We then both had a korma for main (I had lamb and she had chicken). We received complimentary pompadoms as well. Service was fast and incredible value at just over £40 for 2 courses each + drinks. Well recommended and will probably return soon or even use their takeaway service. 5* experience!

2  Thank jasonn855

Dear Reviewer

thank you for your lovely comments re your 5 star experience. We look forward to seeing you again and appreciate your feedback on the excellent value for money and great service.