“Clipper Quay”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Clipper Quay

Master Bedroom - King-size bed
Master en-suite with shower
Second bedroom
Main bathroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

lizodo
scotland
“Clipper Quay”
Reviewed May 4, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Just spent a fabulous 3 nights in this apartment. 10/10 everything was great from start to Finnish. The whole place is well looked after and very clean. It is only a pleasant stroll from the town centre. I would highly recommend it. It has everything you need for a great break. I will certainly return when visiting Derry again. Thank you so much.

20 Jun 2017
Thankyou for the review.
John M
Northborough, Massachusetts
“Everything as advertised”
Reviewed January 9, 2017 for a stay in December 2016

We had a great stay at Clipper Quay during Christmas 2016. The apartment is in a really good location; a very pleasant 5 minute walk to the town centre 4.5/5 for location. It is very clean 5/5 and very comfortable 4/5. Maria; the owner graciously waited for our arrival due to a flight delay and showed us everything we needed to know about the apartment. Maria also left us with some essentials such as coffee and sugar which helped us to feel at home.
My only complaint is that the mattress in the master suite was uncomfortable for me, but I am sure that cold be easily rectified with a mattress topper or replacement.
On the whole, we very much enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend Clipper Quay for a nice stay in the Town I Loved so Well.
Thank you both very much - hopefully we will rent it again next time we are in town.

21 Jan 2017
Thank you John for taking the time to publish your very kind review. It can be tricky to suit all tastes when it comes to mattresses, and since the mattress is new, perhaps a removable topper might be worth having available as an optional extra - so thanks for that suggestion. I appreciate also the tips for my Boston trip next month. Your family will be more than welcome back to Clipper Quay and "The town I love so well!!"

Maria
Shannon84...
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Perfect”
Reviewed November 10, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Great price, great location. Lovely, thoughtful host. Tasteful decor. Clean and comfortable. Maria was great at communication.

21 Jan 2017
Thanks a million Shannon for your very kind review - hope to see you again some time! Maria and Derek
daustin20...
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Exactly what it said on the tin”
Reviewed October 3, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Marie waited for us despite some delays and showed us round and explained it all very well. She had even got the kettle on and some lovely refreshments waiting for us. All of the city was very easy to get to as Marie said no distance from the apartment. The parking was so handy and not to mention free. The apartment was well appointed and had everything you would need even on a bad day. The place was so quiet and even with an event happening across the river we could sleep.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It was so central to the city and very clean
Liked least: The weather not Marie's fault
Travelling group: Other
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
9 Oct 2016
Thanks you for taking the time to post a review and for your kind words which are very much appreciated. Give us a call next time you are thinking of visiting Derry city again - we would be glad to have you back! Derek and Maria
crnhogan
Ireland
“Family Break”
Reviewed September 17, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Perfect location for exploring Derry and the north .Maria was agreat help with tips on local area .Beautifull apartment with views of the Foyle .Spotless and spacious. Would .Highly recommend this apartment to anyone visiting Derry/

Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
18 Sep 2016
Thank you for taking the time to post your review so quickly and for your kind comments. We are really glad you enjoyed your stay and hopefully you will be back to visit again soon.

Maria & Derekl
mariecox1...
New York City, New York
“Great place in Derry City!”
Reviewed September 2, 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Stayed for 12 days and really enjoyed it. Clean, spacious, beautiful location with views of the Foyle. Walking path, restaurants, shops outside door. Easy 10 minute walk to town. Parking in building and safe location. Derek and Maria very accommodating and easily reached via text. Nice touch getting another set of clean sheets and towels 1 week into stay. I have always stayed in a local hotel in past visits and I enjoyed apartment so much more, it was very relaxing. Thanks again!

Liked best: Location.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
3 Sep 2016
Thank you Marie for such a lovely review. Really glad you enjoyed your stay - you are welcome back any time! Derek and Maria
Catherine...
“Clean, Modern but Basic”
Reviewed August 27, 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Rented the flat out and shared with family. Asked for 2 sets of keys so we could do separate things, and agreed before we arrived. We had to ask for the second key fob but didn't receive until our 3rd day in which wasn't ideal.

The flat was clean and tidy but really lacked a homely feel. I don't know if I have been spoilt where I have previously stayed but there are usually board games, or a dvd player, something to keep you occupied as a family in the evenings when you don't want to go out.

Unfortunately the washing machine broke while we were there and the owners said there was a laundrette over the road and they would refund us our costs. I am still waiting for confirmation that this will be paid.

I wouldn't say the flat was within walking distance to everything. Its a 15 - 20 min walk into town, and then further depending on where you are going.

Liked best: Spacious
Liked least: Lack of things to do in the flat as a family
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
29 Aug 2016
Thank you for your review Catherine. I am disappointed the apartment did not live up to your expectations. A dvd player and board games are easy fixes, thank you. Though I will say there is a smart TV with free wifi and cable. In relation to the keys, I promised 2 keys, but not a second fob as only 2 are provided to owners. However, I did give you mine. In relation to the washing, as you know, I texted you to send me paypal or bank details for me to refund agreed costs incurred. I note also no mention of the 6 hour earlier check in which we accommodated despite being on holidays ourselves. Finally, the walk to town is 10 minutes - I have timed it - in addition to being centrally located to shops bars, restaurants and cafes all within a couple of minutes. I really hope your next holiday works out better for you. Derek McCaul
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing