See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 26, 2015

I spent a comfortable and enjoyable week in Mackie Hall. Being student accommodation it's ideal for the single traveller, as you have the privacy of a single room and the ability to self cater using the well equipped kitchen. Craibstone is out of town, just off the A96, and the location suited me as I was there to explore Aberdeenshire rather than Aberdeen City. Ample parking, quiet rural surroundings with pleasant walks on the estate itself. The rooms are serviced daily, and both the room and the kitchen were cleaner than your average hostel or backpackers. Good value too for private accommodation, and even better value if you stay a week (7 nights for the price of 5 basically). I intend to visit again and will maybe try the en suite option in Sutton Hall next time.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed March 30, 2015

I stayed in Sutton Hall for one week in single room and I was impressed. Taking into account the price, the service is wonderful. Everyday cleaned room, new tee/coffee, fast internet. No one disturbing your rest time.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Gadolin64
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in Mackie hall for one night. Lovely clean room, basic but has all you need for a short stay. Excellent selection for breakfast- v impressive! The grounds are lovely. Would recommend pay by cash if arriving late, as otherwise the night porter has to take you on a bit of a walk through another building to find the card machine, which is bit time consuming. Good value for money.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank InvernessClarry
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Hi !

I have staid in Mackie Hall, in August 2013 for five days to do course in Aberdeen.
I had an enjoyable stay..
The single room, kitchen, bathroom were nice clean..
The people were very friendly at Mackie Hall, especially Admin Facility Office Ferguson Building.
Craibstone Estate is really great value for money too..
Thanks again,

Regards Tibor

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with work and have to say wasn't that impressed. I was very rarely in the room due to working and the bed was VERY soft but comfortable and was good getting a breakfast bag every morning with cereal, a croissant, milk, fruit and a carton of juice in it. This would have been better if there was a fridge in the room as the fridge in the main kitchen wasnt very clean & I was worrying my things would be taken as it was accessed by everyone staying there. I wasn't particularly impressed with the room service who didn't replace my toilet roll during the week and on one morning they put my dirty towels back on the towel rack without replacing any. The room wasnt particularly clean but served its purpose. You have to drive to get somewhere to eat which is fine and around a 20 minute drive to the centre of Aberdeen.

Overall not completely terrible but not fantastic either.

• Stayed: August 2013
CraibstoneEstate, Manager at Craibstone Estate, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

We're sorry that you were let down by our level of service during your recent stay with us. We were concerned to hear about the issues you raised, especially because we usually receive positive feedback about our accommodation. We have addressed the problems you encountered to ensure they don't happen again. We would always encourage our guests to let us know during their stay if there is anything they are unhappy about, so we can address them immediately.